Circle C patches, Constabulary, Occupied Germany

manayunkman

I have a couple of Circle "C" patches I thought I'd post. These all came from the same vet. I have his German made uniform as well but not on hand right now. There is a red and white flash on the Ike jacket that says " 62nd Squadron". Did the Constabulary have an Artillery unit ?

post-51189-1315851191.jpg

I am sorry it is not the 62nd but the 66th. He was also a member of the 2nd Cavalry and this is his German made Bevo patch along with a German made bullion patch. His uniform has both bullion Circle "C" and second Cav. patches. There are also 66th German made DI's. According to the 2nd Cav unit history, which includes the Circle "C", the 66th was referred to as an AFA Bn. Does anyone know what AFA stands for ?

post-51189-1315852256.jpg

a buddy of mine has that same tab also with a 2nd Cav Regt group, 66th Const Sqn to be 100%,,and as a ex- member of the 2nd ACR I always love to see the stuff from other fellow dragoons.

Always Ready!!

a buddy of mine has that same tab also with a 2nd Cav Regt group, 66th Const Sqn to be 100%,,and as a ex- member of the 2nd ACR I always love to see the stuff from other fellow dragoons.

Always Ready!!

Yes the 66th AFA later became the 66th Con. The German made DI's on my jacket are Artillery so I'm pretty sure he was in the Armored Artillery. Thank you for your post.

M

• 8 years later...