WWII ATC CBI/AAF Captain's Dress Coat

CNY Militaria

When I saw this one I knew I had to have it. This jacket has not only Bullion AAF HQ and CBI patches, but also direct embroidered bullion US and AAF prop devices, as well as bullion captain bars, ATC DI's, overseas bars, and even a PUC! It is named to a G.C. Vaughan and dated '43, but I have not been able to find anything on preliminary research. Any help would be appreciated.

DSCN2589.jpg

DSCN2590.jpg

DSCN2587.jpg

DSCN2585.jpg

DSCN2594.jpg

Very nice uniform. You see the bullion lapel insignia and rank from time to time but, at least in my view, the embroidered/bullion DUIs are not at all common and really set it off. Great find.

Very nice uniform. You see the bullion lapel insignia and rank from time to time but, at least in my view, the embroidered/bullion DUIs are not at all common and really set it off. Great find.

This was the main reason I was so excited! The fact that it had the bullion DUI's AND that they are of such high quality just made it a keeper.

I did not see any holes or marks where wins might have been. Given the lack of any DFC's, AM's, etc, I am thinking this may have been a staff officer.

I did not see any holes or marks where wins might have been. Given the lack of any DFC's, AM's, etc, I am thinking this may have been a staff officer.

Good point! And, if he had a wing, it probably would have been bullion.

Kurt

Good point! And, if he had a wing, it probably would have been bullion.

Kurt

Unless he was bad about losing insignia and he decided to get everything permanantly put on it...except the wings haha! Just kidding of course :thumbsup:

• 6 months later...
CNY Militaria

I am at a stalemate with researching this uniform. Any ideas on how to proceed? I tried guessing the "G" first name and trying different combinations in google and other sites without any leads. Thanks, Justin