Army and Navy Engineers Poster

Austin R

I picked this up for $50 about 2 years ago. I have never seen one beside the one at the Navy Seabees Museum. Has anyone else seen one like this? What is the Value of this?

IMG_0155.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Personally I've never encountered this one before

I would ask you if the poster has been properly mounted in the frame (w/ acid-free materials etc) Is it mounted to cardboard or any other material? What is the poster size? There's a lot of variables that come into play when placing a value on a poster. First and foremost is condition, condition, and condition. Second is graphics--the better the graphics the more the value. Who published the poster? If it's a poster that not too many people have seen I would classify it as "somewhat rare" Without out knowing the answers to my questions I will fathom a guess around $300+. I think that @$50 you did very well.

Personally I've never encountered this one before

I would ask you if the poster has been properly mounted in the frame (w/ acid-free materials etc) Is it mounted to cardboard or any other material? What is the poster size? There's a lot of variables that come into play when placing a value on a poster. First and foremost is condition, condition, and condition. Second is graphics--the better the graphics the more the value. Who published the poster? If it's a poster that not too many people have seen I would classify it as "somewhat rare" Without out knowing the answers to my questions I will fathom a guess around $300+. I think that @$50 you did very well.

Someone mounted it on cardboard. I didn't think you could do anything about it until I saw on antiques roadshow that someone got their poster removed. I am looking into and want to get the poster restored.

Thanks,

Austin

What size is it ? Just be carefull removing it from the cardboard. I would suggest investing $75-$80. on geting it laid on linen. This will help neutralize the effects of the acid on the poster. Cardboard is one of the worst things when it comes to displaying/ framing any prints, posters, and photographs.

I have a guy in Chicago that I've used for quite a few posters. Does a fantastic job. Let me know if you want his name etc.

Good Luck

What size is it ? Just be carefull removing it from the cardboard. I would suggest investing $75-$80. on geting it laid on linen. This will help neutralize the effects of the acid on the poster. Cardboard is one of the worst things when it comes to displaying/ framing any prints, posters, and photographs.

I have a guy in Chicago that I've used for quite a few posters. Does a fantastic job. Let me know if you want his name etc.

Good Luck

Thanks, I sucessfully removed it. I am going to get it mounted, but the glue stuck to the back of the poster creating a seal. I hope the glue is acid free :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...