My Little Recondo patch collection

Patchcollector

Patchcollector

I thought I would post my small Recondo patch collection.They appear to be theatre made.

I don't know much about these patches,I bought them some years back,if anyone has any

info they would like to add,I would certainly appreciate it!

post-13386-1315699131.jpg

Definitely a work hard, play hard bunch of guys! For those of us who have vision problems, the recondo symbol is the top right of the picture. I tried really hard to get the glare on the appropriate parts!

post-2063-1315787390.jpg

Patchcollector

Nice patches Bull! :thumbsup: I had some spare time,so I'm posting some individual pics of my Recondo patches.

As I said earlier,I don't know much about the Recondo school,and I noticed my patches have different markings

on them,designating the unit from which the participants came from?Also,I'm also not sure where my patches were made,

I'm guessing Japan,maybe Okinawa?If anyone can fill me in on this,please let me know.

Thanks!

post-13386-1315803990.jpg

Patchcollector

I found a 5 part series on the Recondo Schools done by the History Channel,and posted in 5 parts on Youtube.

Each segment runs for approximately 10 minutes.It's a very interesting,informative look at this little known school

that was used by the Recon units in Nam.

Part one:

Part two

Part three

Part four

Part five

Patchcollector
These seven MAC-V Recondo patches came from the same guy.

Very nice!Were you able to get the original owners name with the patches? :bravo:

Very nice!Were you able to get the original owners name with the patches? :bravo:

Yes, they came from Charles Manis, Company D (Ranger), 151st Infantry "Indiana Rangers". He had a house fire some years ago and some of the patches were damaged along with a lot of his medals and certificates. Here's his original cert:

post-32676-1316035741.jpg