My modest collection

sgtbarnes44

Here some pics of my little collection, only WW2 US and ETO. Some are dug up or attic relics. I'm trying to finish my serie of Normandy Infantry regiments DUI. May-be one of you collectors can help me finish my display?. Hope you like it as much as I like it...

post-647-1195065204.jpg

Not everything is shown but the most interesting is there. I know that the 11th AB and USMC helmet cover are not ETO, they are shown just because not easy to find in France. By the way is a type 1 USMC helmet camo cover with EGA WW2 made?. It's a good one as far as "painted steel" book shows.

Hope you like it. :rolleyes:

craig_pickrall
Not everything is shown but the most interesting is there. I know that the 11th AB and USMC helmet cover are not ETO, they are shown just because not easy to find in France. By the way is a type 1 USMC helmet camo cover with EGA WW2 made?. It's a good one as far as "painted steel" book shows.

Hope you like it. :rolleyes:

Very nice collection.

The 1st pattern USMC camo cover is WW2 made but the inked EGA is post WW2 added. So far no one has been able to find photo proof that these inked EGA's were used during WW2 but there are many post war pics that show them.

You can be very proud of your "modest" display! w00t.gif I especially like your museum quality displays of Patches and DUI's. However, I'm old, I squinted, I enlarged but, I still couldn't tell by the pictures which DUI's your missing. Which ones are you missing yet?, some of us may have what you need.

A great collection and focused theme (mostly ;) -Like any of us can stay completely on one theme) I think you've done a great job. Love the SSI displays!

You can be very proud of your "modest" display! w00t.gif I especially like your museum quality displays of Patches and DUI's. However, I'm old, I squinted, I enlarged but, I still couldn't tell by the pictures which DUI's your missing. Which ones are you missing yet?, some of us may have what you need.

Missing DUI are 117th, 119th, 315th, 318th, 319th, 329th, 330th, 331st and 359th infantry regiments. crying.gif

Not only does he have a nice, focused collection, but he also does a extremely nice job displaying it all off. I love the one frame of DUI's you did with the green middle and white border. thumbsup.gif

- Jeff

Not only does he have a nice, focused collection, but he also does a extremely nice job displaying it all off. I love the one frame of DUI's you did with the green middle and white border. thumbsup.gif

- Jeff

The DUI display is a shadow box ;)