Army, Navy, Air Force or Marine Corps bars

Sabrejet

Yes it does actually, Navy and Marine bars have the cross-connecting bars at the edges while the Army (and later Air Force) pattern have them more towards the middle. Also, Army style were only available in full-size during WW2 while the Navy/Marine pattern were available in Coat (full) and Shirt (1/2) sizes. NOS Navy Lieutenant/Marine Captain's bars from Wolf Brown above an Army pattern pair from AAFES (Army & Air Force Exchange Service):

post-32676-1315585836.jpg

So we're talking USN/USMC here? Thanks.

I believe so! I have heard of this rank sometimes referred to in the Navy as "railroad track lieutenants" as opposed to the Lt (JG) single bars. Glad to help!

Yes, that appears to be a Navy/MC LT/Capt's rank insignia.

I have seen these on Army/AAF uniforms before, just as I've seen the other style on Navy uniforms (I had a commanding officer once who wore Army/AF O-5 oakleaves on his uniform. I noticed...I doubt anyone else ever did...)

Dave

Yes it does actually, Navy and Marine bars have the cross-connecting bars at the edges while the Army (and later Air Force) pattern have them more towards the middle.

I never knew this. Thanks for the info.

The things I keep learning on here are amazing.....Kat

I never knew this. Thanks for the info.

The things I keep learning on here are amazing.....Kat

Actually, only colonel's (Navy captain) eagles and general/admiral's stars are the same between the branches. Navy and Marine lieutenant's bars are flat while the Army/USAF pattern have beveled edges, and the leaves for MAJ/LTCDR and LTC/CDR are different patterns. Left is Army/USAF major and right is USN/USMC pattern (much less detail in the 'veins'):

post-32676-1315588693.jpeg

post-32676-1315588707.jpg