Multi cam uniforms

treetop

If you have been wanting to obtain a multi cam uniform but don't want to pay rediculously high prices, be patient. In the past few weeks I have observed many members of the 82nd Airborne wearing them around town. Right now used :rolleyes: pieces are rare and bringing big bucks. I would guess that in 6-8 months we will see the prices come down and a better supply of used items.

The OCP uniform was restricted to use only in the OEF theater, but recently the Army authorized their use in garrison stateside. The catch is that they won't be replaced when they're unserviceable.

So instead of troopers coming back from Afghanistan with OCP uniforms they can't use and want to get rid of, they can now wear them until they're unserviceable and toss them. That's probably what you're seeing, with troopers wearing them around Fayettenam.

But the only way to get them issued is deployment to OEF, so any used uniforms that pop up in surplus stores will still have probably "been there"...

I've been seeing them around here for $40 a set in the surplus stores.

No doubt at one time ACU's were an arm and a leg too. They can be found for $10 a set all day long now.

I've been seeing them around here for $40 a set in the surplus stores.

No doubt at one time ACU's were an arm and a leg too. They can be found for $10 a set all day long now.

Yep, when ACU's first came out, I was selling them for $120 a set, then instantly, they dropped to $40, then $20 to now, I literally have to pay someone to take them.

I've picked up quite a bit of it already via surplus store right outside the gate here at Ft Polk. A few sets of uniforms, used. A large and medium ruck, still mint. A wet weather top and bottom set, mint, and a combat shirt, mint. Heading back by the store tomorrow after work.

You'll notice a lot of modern stuff suffers pretty badly from the "iPod Effect"... where the next newest and greatest thing sells for a BUNCH of $$$, but the now outdated model loses value FAST (or it starts selling for less as it becomes more common).

I'm sure soon enough you'll see lots of this stuff getting crazy cheap as time goes on... ACH helmets, multicam field gear, boots, radio headsets, patches, etc. Modern militaria is a strange market... this is likely the first time in history there has been a large collectible market for military items while they are still being used in the conflicts they represent (in this case OIF/OEF/OND).

This could partly be due to the paintball/airsoft market using these items as well, and people who enjoy paintball/airsoft trying to make "impressions" of various military units using authentic Army/USMC/Navy issue gear. Remember, it's not just us boring collectors buying this stuff up.

You'll notice a lot of modern stuff suffers pretty badly from the "iPod Effect"... where the next newest and greatest thing sells for a BUNCH of $$$, but the now outdated model loses value FAST (or it starts selling for less as it becomes more common).

I'm sure soon enough you'll see lots of this stuff getting crazy cheap as time goes on... ACH helmets, multicam field gear, boots, radio headsets, patches, etc. Modern militaria is a strange market... this is likely the first time in history there has been a large collectible market for military items while they are still being used in the conflicts they represent (in this case OIF/OEF/OND).

This could partly be due to the paintball/airsoft market using these items as well, and people who enjoy paintball/airsoft trying to make "impressions" of various military units using authentic Army/USMC/Navy issue gear. Remember, it's not just us boring collectors buying this stuff up.

yeah i played airsoft a few weeks back, there is a team sponsered by the brigade im in, they wear all acu stuff, some of it better than what i have been issued :crying:

Bombe_Atomique

ever searched for AOR I and II stuff on ebay?

These are offered for ridiculous high prices.

I hope this will drop down when they are issued for some time.

Misanthropic_Gods
ever searched for AOR I and II stuff on ebay?

These are offered for ridiculous high prices.

I hope this will drop down when they are issued for some time.

I have a set of AOR1, I feel that the prices on these WILL go down a bit, but will consistently stay high because AOR2 is specifically issued to NAVSOC and not to the regular Navy like AOR2 will be.