WAR BOND POSTER GROUPING

manayunkman

I have had this grouping for a long time now. It no longer fits into my collection. If you go to the Groupings category I have written the entire story and description of this very interesting group. I am interested in finding out the best way to sell this group.

Thanks

M.

post-51189-1315337830.jpg

That depends if you want to sell it quickly and take what you get in an auction or if you can wait to get the price you want for it. If you want to sell quickly, put it on ebay. You may however be stuck with less than what you want for it. You can ofcourse use a reserve but many bidders are turned off by reserves.

If you can afford to wait until you get an offer or a price you want, try listing it for sale in places that are free and dont charge such as the category "For Sale" on this website.

There are other options such as auction houses who often charge a fee but publish catalogs or taking it to a militaria or paper show.

There are probably so many options one cant list them all, its really what suits you best. If you make a choice and pick one, some of the members can share experiences with you on how they fared with items they sold.

Good Luck

Dear Homefront,

Thank you for the advice. I am considering putting it on this site especially since I have met the 50 post mark. I have seen this poster on line at asking prices of 145 to 250.00. Neither of these sellers knew who the subject or the photographer was nor did they have any corresponding periodicals or studio portrait done by a famous photographer. So I am having a difficult time establishing a selling price that would be fair and low. I also failed to mention in my previous post that Miss Altovoght was in Life magazine numerous times. There was a Christmas spread in either 1941 or 43 with children playing with military type toys. She is one of the models in that article. She also posed for ads and other articles. Getting back to the subject at hand, I feel that a fair price for the group would be somewhere over $250.00. How rare is something like this and what kind of interest does it have I don't know. I've had a couple of people message me privately but it is too soon yet since it only has been a matter of hours. So with that said what to ask is holding me up.

M.