"Juarez" Glider wings.

SLEV2252

Hi Guys,here's pics of my Juarez style Glider wings as requested by Joe[jmar]yesterday.They have some slight wear to the tips but i think it adds thier appeal and shows they were actually worn.

Steve.

post-8261-1315328181.jpg

post-8261-1315328202.jpg

Steve,

Outstanding once again! With the Service and Glider you've got the hard ones, the rest should be easy for you!!

Thanks for posting the wings, I appreciate it.

Best wishes,

Joe

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but that looks like a cast reproduction to me. The softness of the front details and the pockmarked back are tell tale signs of casting.

Photos aren't the best, but looks to be dental type cast from the generalized air bubble pitting, wing feather detail casting flaw anomolies esp. near the tip , and due to the "caterpiller" bug (raised bump) "crawling" on the edge of the shield at 10:00. Or is that a die flaw? I can't believe someone would waste their time on such a project. Most dental casts now are, I understand, sent out of the Country to be done in India or E. Europe (?) and FedEx'd back here in a couple of days.

Greetings SLEV2252 -

I have to agree with navynambu. I've been collecting Juarez for many years (my favorite pattern) and I've gotten nearly every type (10 so far). The backs on all of them, without exception, are as flat and as smooth as glass. None exhibit any flaws on the fronts - all are beautifully die-struck. I hate to say it but believe your wing is a cast copy.

I have a collection of WW2 wings...various manufacturers and most are used. There's some tarnish and bent pins etc. which bear witness to that, but none are worn smooth on their tips! I'm not at all sure how that would happen? After all, wings pinned to a Class A jacket are hardly subjected to much wear and tear! I know that excessive polishing can soften details but that would be all over the wing...not just on the tips. Could that "wear" have been created just for effect? :think: