Help ID these patches

manayunkman

Here is a patch from an Air Force vet who served in Vietnam and stayed in the service right up until the 1990's. He ended his career with the 193rd Special Operations Group as a crew chief. Does anyone know anything about it ?

post-51189-1315178717.jpg

Another patch from the same unit. Clearly this is from the 193rd but what purpose was it for ?

Team Spirit is a joint/combined exercise held by United States and South Korean forces.

here are some generic Team Spirit patches

post-1786-1315180515.jpg

post-1786-1315180534.jpg

Thank you Patchcollector and Mark 1. We are getting somewhere. But why the rude sentiment ? Anything on Smuckers ? I know that Smuckers is a fruit Co. that makes jams and jellies. There are 2 grape bunches on the patch. Thanks guys

M.

Johnny Signor

"Smuckers" may refer to the unit's C.O. some WW-2 patches had unit mottos after thier Commanders .

Johnny

See if the 193rd had a "Smucker" in it's operations .

"Smuckers" may refer to the unit's C.O. some WW-2 patches had unit mottos after thier Commanders .

Johnny

See if the 193rd had a "Smucker" in it's operations .

I shot an email to their public relations office about any officer named Smucker but have not received a reply. There was no mention of an officer by this name on their web site.

I see now that they had joint operations with the South Koreans. But what is the deal with the rat ? Anyone have any ideas about the reason for the crude nature of these patches ?