1943 Willys MB

tagalong

I'm remarking to 1st Medical Group.13th airforce and adding parafinalia to make it a MOD (Medical Officer of the Day) jeepany suggestions ? It is complete with oil can,crank,pioneer tools.jack,etc.

Johan Willaert
I'm remarking to 1st Medical Group.13th airforce and adding parafinalia to make it a MOD (Medical Officer of the Day) jeepany suggestions ? It is complete with oil can,crank,pioneer tools.jack,etc.

Nice Jeep! Are you looking for suggestions about the markings?

From memory I would propose the following:

13*1MGP (left of bumper as you look at it) HQ-5 (right of bumper as you look at it)

Air Forces has a 5 pointed star as vehicle marking... I'm not sure how many and if an AAF Med Gp would have been issued Jeeps, but I guess their HQ would have...

BUT are you sure they were attached to the 13AAF during WW2?

This site suggest they were in Germany in 1945...

http://history.amedd.army.mil/booksdocs/ww...lbe/default.htm

Maybe someone has original pictures laying around which show similar markings???

By my od age and lousy memory the best I can think of is that in 1951 the 1st hospital group was at Clark Field on Luzon, then it was sent to Korea and the 1st Med Group took over . I stand to be corrected.Maybe I should change markings to 1st Hosp.Grp. ?

francesco-5th

Very beautiful MB. I'm the owner of a Ford Gpw DoD June 1943 marked with the insigna of the 5th Army, the same identification number taken from a photo of a Jeep entered on my town in April 1945 - Italy.

Contratulation for the perfect restoring. :thumbsup:

ww2reproductions

A fantastic job done on your jeep.

I thank God you are not putting on 82nd or 101 Airborne markings... :thumbdown:

Have you got the correct 12 unit first aid kit in there?

If you are looking for information on correct markings and content just send me a photo of the kit.

Yes I am writting a book on the subject.

Leo

A fantastic job done on your jeep.

I thank God you are not putting on 82nd or 101 Airborne markings... :thumbdown:

Have you got the correct 12 unit first aid kit in there?

If you are looking for information on correct markings and content just send me a photo of the kit.

Yes I am writting a book on the subject.

Leo

do not have kit yet but give me time

hhttp://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/style_images/usmf/folder_attach_images/attach_add.pngttp://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/style_images/usmf/folder_attach_images/attach_add.png

post-55015-1315613239.jpg