"It's your head...KEEP IT!"

Sabrejet

These little comic-book style booklets are a must for any M-1 helmet collector, particularly if you focus on the VN War period as they both date from the 60s. I assume they were given to each new recruit when they were issued their first helmet?

As you can see, there are two different versions, one for infantrymen issued the regular M1 and one specifically for "Parachutists" who received the M1-C. The contents are essentially similar, being instructions as to how to assemble, adjust and maintain the helmet, in plain English with clear line drawings. I'll upload a selection of the pages so you can see how they look.

A similar booklet was issued with the later PASGT helmet. I'll maybe post that at a later date.

post-8022-1315060479.jpg

These little comic-book style booklets are a must for any M-1 helmet collector, particularly if you focus on the VN War period as they both date from the 60s. I assume they were given to each new recruit when they were issued their first helmet?

As you can see, there are two different versions, one for infantrymen issued the regular M1 and one specifically for "Parachutists" who received the M1-C. The contents are essentially similar, being instructions as to how to assemble, adjust and maintain the helmet, in plain English with clear line drawings. I'll upload a selection of the pages so you can see how they look.

A similar booklet was issued with the later PASGT helmet. I'll maybe post that at a later date.

post-8022-1315060479.jpg

Interesting that they would show an Airborne liner picture on cover of the infantryman's booklet.

BEAR

The parachutist's one was tucked into the suspension of an unissued M1-C I acquired some years ago. Probably issued that way? The other one I picked up on my travels.

To think, I always tossed these type of instruction booklets to bin after getting issued new kit. If I would've only known then :crying: Neat items to have.

To think, I always tossed these type of instruction booklets to bin after getting issued new kit. If I would've only known then :crying: Neat items to have.

Hey Hoovie...does the ACH come with its own booklet?

Very cool, I had a nice stack of about 40 Vietnam ones, I think I only have about 12 left.

"Only"....?! :w00t:

Hey Hoovie...does the ACH come with its own booklet?

It does Ian. Or did anyway, when I had mine issued. Will check with my co-workers who are still in uniform if they have one layin about.

• 6 years later...

If anyone is still interested i have 14 of these books being shipped to me i might be inclined to part with a few after i put some with my helmets.

The parachutist's one was tucked into the suspension of an unissued M1-C I acquired some years ago. Probably issued that way? The other one I picked up on my travels.

thats how I found one as well. Bought an unused type 2 liner at a modern surplus store of all places in their pile of kevlar helmets. still had its booklet tucked into the suspension with the nape strap and chin cup as well.