PRE-WWII SQDN. PATCH (?)

INIMICUS

Johnny Signor

Are you sure it's not a "Pow Wow" Indian get together type of patch , it really strikes me as one of these types , I could be wrong , but you ought to check into some native American sites and see if the design doesn't show up there, it's a very elaborate one , good luck !

Johnny

THANKS JOHNNY! THE SMALLER LOREZ PIC DOESN'T SHOW IT BUT IT HAS THAT WHITE GAUZE BACKING TYPICAL ON MANY US PATCH PREWAR AND WWII (THO MAYBE TIGHTER WEAVE). ALSO THE SMALL ZIG-ZAG BORDER. PLUS INDIANS WERE 'BIG' ON MANY US SQDN. PATCHES A MY '45 COPY OF NATIONAL GEOG. SHOWS

I WONDER DID AMERINDIANS WEAR THESE OF THEIR COSTUMES, THEIR 'CIVILIAN' CLOTHES?

GOOD IDEA TO CHECK!

ANYONE ELSE PLEASE?

HERE'S A BETTER PIC OF REVERSE

Are you sure it's not a "Pow Wow" Indian get together type of patch , it really strikes me as one of these types , I could be wrong , but you ought to check into some native American sites and see if the design doesn't show up there, it's a very elaborate one , good luck !

Johnny

post-496-1314966789.jpg

Johnny Signor

Another thought , if you could figure out the "tribe" and the "symbolism" of the design that might help ID it as to a "type" if it is an actual military unit patch , there's too much "detail" into the design for it not to have some meaning in the Imdian "Culture" .

Johnny

THANKS AGAIN JOHNNY - GOOD IDEAS.

DAVID

Another thought , if you could figure out the "tribe" and the "symbolism" of the design that might help ID it as to a "type" if it is an actual military unit patch , there's too much "detail" into the design for it not to have some meaning in the Imdian "Culture" .

Johnny

Google Mitch Reis, he may recognize as an old Boy Scout patch, I found an eagle scout patch from 1932 worth 600- and two mint Jamborees 1939 I think when it was cancelled due to polio, 300- each

WIW THAT'S AMAZIN' !! I WILL DO - THANKS MAYE & HAPPY LABOR DAY, DAVID

Google Mitch Reis, he may recognize as an old Boy Scout patch, I found an eagle scout patch from 1932 worth 600- and two mint Jamborees 1939 I think when it was cancelled due to polio, 300- each

ALAS, REIS SAYS NOT BOT SCOUT.S ANY OTHER IDEAS PLEASE GUYS??

WIW THAT'S AMAZIN' !! I WILL DO - THANKS MAYE & HAPPY LABOR DAY, DAVID