WWII Field Stretcher/Litter

zepher11

I found this stretcher/litter that the owner believes is WWII era. It is kind of interesting and might be good for a display, but I don't see any markings on this. I possible would be interested if it was WWII era.

Can anyone weigh in on this item and confirm that it is authentic WWII era or that it likely is not? Here are a couple of pictures:

post-24058-1314918249.jpg

I dabble with WWII medical stuff and do not recognise this as any WWII US pattern, Army or Navy. Some WWI and pre-war WWII patterns didn't wrap the poles with the canvas, but by 1934, the standard pattern specified a sleeve around the pole. No markings and the japanned metal tells me it's foreign - maybe not military.

Interesting design, though.

I dabble with WWII medical stuff and do not recognise this as any WWII US pattern, Army or Navy. Some WWI and pre-war WWII patterns didn't wrap the poles with the canvas, but by 1934, the standard pattern specified a sleeve around the pole. No markings and the japanned metal tells me it's foreign - maybe not military.

Interesting design, though.

Yes, Thank you! I searched around a little and found a photo of a WWII vintage litter. From what you have provided and what I found in researching, it doesn't appear to be WWII era. Thank you for the reply and the insight. Now I will remember if I do see one some day!

Here's the photo:

Zeph