• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hawkdriver's pack filler displays

There are sometimes when I like to see all the little odds and sods like this instead of the other pieces of gear, like bayonets, packs, helmets, etc. Thanks for sharing.

Mark

Last of the famous Tomcat Plane Captains.

U.S. Navy 1989-1993

VF-302 Fighting Stallions, NAS Miramar, San Diego, So. Cal. 1990-1993DSCN0808.jpg

Unfortunately, you either display the items individually, to which, I don't have that much room, or you have the items in the packs and take them down as needed and open them up to show. I will take a loaded pack to displays and open it up for show on occasions. It is sometimes hard on the equipment, but it is worth it for the educational value. This is how I display my stuff.

fwpv2h.jpg

Visit my eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/crustyw4scorner/

35lyhcy.gif2d29461.gifixd2rm.gif

• 3 months later...

Just finished up getting my thing put back in place from the Battle of the Bulge display. I decided today during the "Walking Dead" marathon, to work on getting things put away and re-cataloged and thought it was time to show the Musette bag in my WWII collection. Here are two pictures of my musette bag pack fillers. This display is for an Officer in the ETO after D-Day. The first picture shows, the underwear, long john pants, a pair of wool gloves, the musette strap, patrol cap, a housewife kit, pocket bible, a huck hand towel and bath towel. This bath towel came out of a collection and after I got it home, there was a piece of paper inside that said the holes in it were from shrapnel from a German shell. My guy carries a mess kit knife, a can with chesterfield cigarettes. Brass whistle, pocket compass, black crinkle lighter with a flint carrier. The box is three personal insecticide sprayers. It also has halzone, dog tags, hanky, foot powder, louse tin and the brown wrapped item is personal TP. The black bag is the dity shaving kit.

1tls8w.jpg

This second picture shows the contents of the dity bag. The bag came out of a guy's foot locker, so while not distinctively military, it has it's own provenance. The little comb kit is a Army/Navy PX kit. The toothbrush is bone made in England. The safety razor is kind of contradicted by the brush and cup soap. When I can find a good example of brushless cream, I will probably replace the brush and soap. The soap container is period plastic with a bar of lifeboy.

mal00p.jpg

Well, that cleans up the WWII displays, now I need to get on the Korean War packs.

• 3 years later...

Unfortunately, you either display the items individually, to which, I don't have that much room, or you have the items in the packs and take them down as needed and open them up to show. I will take a loaded pack to displays and open it up for show on occasions. It is sometimes hard on the equipment, but it is worth it for the educational value. This is how I display my stuff.

fwpv2h.jpg

AMAZING!!!!

Fantastic displays that give personality. Any update on the Korean War packs?

Unfortunately, a deployment halted my cyclical cleaning and resupplying the KW packs. Hopefully this summer after the MVPA convention, I can get back on it. I will be sure to post pics. The picture here of the room is so old that I barely remember it in that configuration, I need to do a update there as well.