1942 HBT?

zbcdn

Just picked up this shirt listed as a Herringbone 1942 model. Not an HBT collector, but need one for a display. Is this correct?

post-11442-1314570315.jpg

1943 pattern.Look in the right pocket for the spec lable

This is the M1942 pattern. As to my knowledge the M1943 pattern had pleated cargo pockets, very similar to M42's except with the pleated pockets.

The Model 1941 is the only one Im aware of that had front pleated pockets and they were a short patch type and non expandable.

The Pleated side/bellows pockets appear on the Model 1942

Its not a first pattern 1942 as it has the gas flap

1942 pattern,Special( 45B) had the gas flap and also the two buttons under the collar for the gas hood

1943 pattern,Special(45D) was identical to 45B except it was in the darker OD color(OD#7)

EDIT: if the color isnt washed out by flash it most likely the 1942 2nd pattern 45B Special jacket.

This is the M1942 pattern. As to my knowledge the M1943 pattern had pleated cargo pockets, very similar to M42's except with the pleated pockets.

Eric...You are right :thumbsup: ....(sorry bout that)

I had to dig one out of the back of the closet and check.I have a couple mint ones.A November 1944 dated 45D Special in OD#7,Ft.Worth QM has no side pleats/bellows and a pleat running the full length of the front pocket with a belows on the bottom.THis one must have been the last pattern/change till the end of the war??

Learn somthin new everyday :thumbsup:

RD

• 2 weeks later...
Eric...You are right :thumbsup: ....(sorry bout that)

I had to dig one out of the back of the closet and check.I have a couple mint ones.A November 1944 dated 45D Special in OD#7,Ft.Worth QM has no side pleats/bellows and a pleat running the full length of the front pocket with a belows on the bottom.THis one must have been the last pattern/change till the end of the war??

Learn somthin new everyday :thumbsup:

RD

Not a problem, mistakes happen, i make plenty :thumbsup: