A few WW2 USMC photos

strayduck230

strayduck230

The display portion of the event was over, so we took some time to try and get some good shots. Let me know what you think! Thanks.

post-41805-1314252403.jpg

Corpsmancollector

Very nice! The first 2 are remarkably well composed and put together, great vintage look to them.

Thanks for posting!

Will

Those are Excellent Pictures and thank you for sharing them with us they look great :thumbsup:

That is one expensive Sniper Scope there !

I have seing them making over 1400+ on Ebay Originals.

strayduck230
Nice photo's, but how does that rifle shoot?

Rifle shoots great! haha. Don't take out much for shooting anymore, It's a low number receiver that had already been drilled at one time for a scope. I built the gun and made sure it works :). Rather have it for display than have it blow apart on me, I have heard horror stories of the low number '03s.

strayduck230
Those are Excellent Pictures and thank you for sharing them with us they look great :thumbsup:

That is one expensive Sniper Scope there !

I have seing them making over 1400+ on Ebay Originals.

Haha, thanks. Took me awhile to find one (4years or so). But alas, it is not a USMC marked unertl. Didn't and still don't have that cash. It is the same vintage, but the civilian target scope. Same scope, just no magic "USMC-SNIPER" on the side.

strayduck230
Great photos, Jordan (I expect nothing less than that from you). Where’d you take those, at Ft Stevens? :thumbsup:

Sure was Lee, found a patch of swamp grass. haha

Haha, thanks. Took me awhile to find one (4years or so). But alas, it is not a USMC marked unertl. Didn't and still don't have that cash. It is the same vintage, but the civilian target scope. Same scope, just no magic "USMC-SNIPER" on the side.

It sure is an amazing Sniper Scope Well Done :thumbsup: It still looks amazing from a distance you wouldn't tell the difference really between them

i have also being after on of those Unterl 8X Sniper Scopes also for around 5 Years or so and every time they turn up on EBay they sell for Insane prices well over the 1400.00+ 1500.00+ Price Range but they look very impressive attached properaly to a M1903.A1 Springfield Rifle :thumbsup: .

Take Care.

Very cool pictures. Nice job! I wish there were some type of renactor presence in our neck of the woods. Looks like a great time.

Zeph

• 4 weeks later...
Sure was Lee, found a patch of swamp grass. haha
The irony is very thick here. You’re re-creating the PTO in the only place in the continental US where there was a fight between the US Army and the Japanese military in WW2 (albeit one-sided shelling from a Japanese sub…). I still don’t get why there aren’t any PTO events at Ft Stevens for that reason.