Dug USMC emblems and collar disks

oak

Bonjour.

The collar was worn during the St. Mihiel operation.

The latest discovery is unfortunately the evidence.

solcarlus.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...showtopic=75373

A friend of mine found 2 USMC collar discs of the same type ( supposedly french made) in the woods South of Exermont (Argonne) where the 4Th Brigade was billeted before the 3 rd phase of the Meuse Argonne offensive (last week of October 1918) See Mc Leeland book

In the same wood( MXXXeau wood) I found 3 EG&A Mod 1914 Emblems and my friend much more but not during the same year

I have the pictures taken on the spot, but only on slide format ( circa 1990)

Teufelhund

Bonjour.

The collar was worn during the St. Mihiel operation.

The latest discovery is unfortunately the evidence.

solcarlus.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...showtopic=75373

Bonjour Senor Solcarlus!

Unfortunately I do not see any "evidence" in the link you provided. Please tell me what how this article relates?? Were discs found with this Marine?

S/F,

Mike

Bonjour usmcaviator

I can assure you that the marine had indeed discovered a pair of collars.

The one who discovered the body handed them over to the police. The collars were sent to the family with other personal effects.

It was forbidden to take pictures of the exhumation of the body.

solcarlus.

A friend of mine found 2 USMC collar discs of the same type ( supposedly french made) in the woods South of Exermont (Argonne) where the 4Th Brigade was billeted before the 3 rd phase of the Meuse Argonne offensive (last week of October 1918) See Mc Leeland book

In the same wood( MXXXeau wood) I found 3 EG&A Mod 1914 Emblems and my friend much more but not during the same year

I have the pictures taken on the spot, but only on slide format ( circa 1990)

Teufelhund

Hi,

I think you're talking about me ;) and show what is mine :thumbdown:

I confirm having found 2 CD, supposed as french made, on this area 25 years ago.

USMCAVIATOR, please get rid of your doubts, no liar on this topic, only french (and belgian) pationates.

About items condition, having dug for more than 35 years, I may assess the best can be found and the worst 2 meters away.

Regards

Foxy

6168377673_c399229036_z.jpg

6168918978_5ecb2ba2b0.jpg

6168915860_f6e3c16e2c.jpg

teufelhunde.ret

Merci de poster vos gentlen trouve, fantastique! Nous aimerions en voir plus. Remarque, j'ai changé le titre de ce fil et il est maintenant coincé dans la zone de discussion. Merci!

post-5451-1316859251.jpg

Hello,

this Marine was KIA at the beginning of November 1918, I've taken out his name on purpose, on consideration for his memory.

This is an official evidence that some Marines were wearing collar discs during the fights.

He was a replacement...

May this help you in your research.

Oak

teufelhunde.ret

Most interesting Document! I did verify for "Oak", the SNM was on muster rolls with the 2nd Replacement Battalion, 32nd Division, AEF in April 1918. At the time of his death (Nov 1918) he was a member of 2nd Battalion, 6th Regiment. This would indicate to me the "USMC collar design" (indicated on the document above) were disc's that were procured by the Paymaster in Paris in August 1918 (Ref: Col Driscoll's T.M. Pg 39)

I'm reading this in awe. Thank you for the post and God Bless The Marine Corps. I treasure my dads EGA's from Korea yet to find ones buried in France is really special.

while not dug in France, I feel that this thread would be a great place to past these relics as USMC relics are rarely ever posted...these were found on the shore of Glass Beach, Guantanomo Bay, Cuba...

Gitmo_Relics.JPG