GEMSCO Technical Observer wing

Costa

T.O. wings don't show up every day so you' d expect them to be rather more expensive than the more commonly found wings...but that's top-end money! :w00t: Nice wings though...very similar pattern to my Meyer-made ones.

Ian

I agree! You might have paid a price others may think is too high, but you have a hard to find wing that you may not have another shot at for along while!

Goof Job!! :thumbsup:

T.O. "THEIR OVERPRICED"

haha those are great looking

It would actually be "They're Overpriced," not "Their Overpriced," but that's OK.

It would actually be "They're Overpriced," not "Their Overpriced," but that's OK.

Thank you....I was about to say the same thing.

Don..

HOPE THIS WAS WORTH IT!!!! T/O GEMSCO 510.00----------- EPAY OFCOURSE :crying:

Hey, if you have the money and really like the item, then that is all that matters!

Congrats on a great score!

Justin

WATCH-OUT GUYS...........Grammar police on patrol!!

(It got to me too!! :w00t: )

I've often heard people make comments about the "stupid" money that other collectors are willing to pay for the items that interest them. Today, Mitch has posted a wing that some may feel is a bit steep, but is it really "over-priced?" Many times, I have looked at pieces and gone ahead and bought them, even when told by other collectors that they were over the top price wise. I recall buying my V-42 with full length sheath for $1,500 and my collecting buddies said I was an idiot. Ok, I'm an idiot. Two MONTHS later, I turned down a $1,750 offer from one of those guys who told me I was dumb for buying the thing two months earlier.

If you were to get $500 in cash, could you drive somewhere and buy the TO wing? I've seen plenty of pilot wings bring $100 and more both on this site and eBay. You can find them selling every day. How many legitimate TO wings do you see for sale in a week? a month?, or a year? Over-priced? I'll bet that in less than six months, there would be plenty of people willing to drop that kind of cash on this piece. Heck, I would bet that if he put it in the for sale section today, SOMEBODY would pay that.

They aren't overpriced, Costa just bought them six months ahead of the value.

Allan

.........They aren't overpriced, Costa just bought them six months ahead of the value.

Allan

AllAn,

I'm happy that we agree! I have spent more then others would for Items that are hard to find, or almost"extinct".

I am quite happy I have them and I know if others saw them they would want them as well. It is important now and then, to ''overreach" for a good quality item you might not see again for a long while.

I totally agree with Allan,He makes very good points on the price of the wing.

In the end if you enjoy the item thats what its about.I know I have over spent on a lot of things and got a few things that were not so pricey.I recall buying a WW2 fixed bail a few years ago and giving a little over $250 for it.Was a 2nd Ranger lid...I bought the helmet not the story.It was a nice helmet that happened to have a diamond on the back.Real??dont think so but the helmet is nice and it filled a hole.Today the helmet is considered a "steal"as a fixed bail (as one friend calls it).Then Some items Im sure I will never see my money back but I bought them as I liked them.I know its hard to pull the trigger on some items as money gets tight.In reality money really buys less and less every day.I often try to up grade an item and find out if I sell something the money doesnt go far or there isnt anythng I can readily buy to add to the collection.

Enjoy your wing .....better than letting Washington spend it or the stock market :wink2:

I totally agree with Allan,He makes very good points on the price of the wing.

In the end if you enjoy the item thats what its about.I know I have over spent on a lot of things and got a few things that were not so pricey.I recall buying a WW2 fixed bail a few years ago and giving a little over $250 for it.Was a 2nd Ranger lid...I bought the helmet not the story.It was a nice helmet that happened to have a diamond on the back.Real??dont think so but the helmet is nice and it filled a hole.Today the helmet is considered a "steal"as a fixed bail (as one friend calls it).Then Some items Im sure I will never see my money back but I bought them as I liked them.I know its hard to pull the trigger on some items as money gets tight.In reality money really buys less and less every day.I often try to up grade an item and find out if I sell something the money doesnt go far or there isnt anythng I can readily buy to add to the collection.

Enjoy your wing .....better than letting Washington spend it or the stock market :wink2:

DITTO :thumbsup:

They aren't overpriced, Costa just bought them six months ahead of the value.

Allan

Allan,

I agree with what you relate, but that is just absolute "classic" reasoning. :laughing1:

I'll have to remember that one... Gave me a good laugh, in a remarkably true statement!

Don.

all good points guys--- i'm going nuts on these wings but, my other avenues of collecting are not producing so wings are the next best thing. i am not a pro so i ask questions to those who know then i jump. money--- heck--- it aint worth much now and it is a commodity-- can always get more if you work for it. at my age i better enjoy for all may end soon. :thumbsup:

all good points guys--- i'm going nuts on these wings but, my other avenues of collecting are not producing so wings are the next best thing. i am not a pro so i ask questions to those who know then i jump. money--- heck--- it aint worth much now and it is a commodity-- can always get more if you work for it. at my age i better enjoy for all may end soon. :thumbsup:

My good friend and mentor, John C., always says "if money was important, they wouldn't make it out of paper!"

Mitch, if you had just invested that $500 in Lehman Brothers last year, it would be worth ZERO today!

Allan

YES OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

THATS WHY I DONT PLAY STOCKS!!!!!!!!!! :thumbdown:

I've got a great Idea M.

Send me those wings, and next month I'll send you two others!

I'll even "hold" them for you, so I can trade them for two others......in NO TIME you'll have a 27% increase in your wing collection!!

Call me at......Pyramid.wings.con

Grammar policing aside, there's only one thing to say about paying as much as you did for the wings:

It's your money. You're an adult. From what I can tell, you should be able to spend the money on whatever you would like.

Who cares what other people think? Enjoy your wing.