MY Finished USMC 782 gear :)

ArchangelDM

Well the shovel came today so im showing off the complete pack and webbing. Thanks to all that helped, including a very big big thankyou to od man and craig the moderator for the link :thumbsup:

all i need now is a good bolo knife and a camo suit

post-8861-1314043263.jpg

post-8861-1314043271.jpg

post-8861-1314043277.jpg

It looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing pics as you progress with your great USMC collection. :)

Justin

Thanks Justin :) , your help and patience guided the way, im now looking to get a first issue top half for the pack :thumbsup:

I hope im lucky enough to get it

combat-helmets

Need to get your M1 Garand bayonet and sheath now!

Personally, I like the long bladed Springfield bayonets myself, but that would attach to the side of the pack to the hooks at the top of the M41 pack! Impressive display! :thumbsup:

Need to get your M1 Garand bayonet and sheath now!

Personally, I like the long bladed Springfield bayonets myself, but that would attach to the side of the pack to the hooks at the top of the M41 pack! Impressive display! :thumbsup:

Thanks'

I have a short m1 garand bayonet but took it off due to the weight on the mannequin. I'm looking fornusmc trousers now anybody got any ?

I'm looking fornusmc trousers now anybody got any ?

I have been looking for those for a while. Expect to pay $150-250 depending on condition. There is usually a pair or two on ebay...but they always get a lot of attention.

Justin

combat-helmets

I have P42 sage green and P44 cammo trousers.

Just saw a pair of P44 sage green pants go for over $300..

Those seem to be very expensive always...

• 4 weeks later...

Well here is my upgrade, from a 1st pattern transitional to an original 1st pattern :thumbsup: , took me a while but i found one. Cost me £75 and im chuffed has the name J.R.DUKE. Stenciled and hand written by the Marine, funny thing is there is another name too, i wonder if one was k.I.A then another was given it, who knows.

Any suggestions on how to start to look for this marine anybody would be a great help.

Thanks

post-8861-1316361178.jpg

post-8861-1316361185.jpg

post-8861-1316361203.jpg

Well the shovel came today so im showing off the complete pack and webbing. Thanks to all that helped, including a very big big thankyou to od man and craig the moderator for the link :thumbsup:

all i need now is a good bolo knife and a camo suit

You need to get rid of the Brit made T Handle shovel cover and get a Marine cover or U.S. Marked. I don't think Marines used Brit made gear.

There are a few photos showing the US marked covers in use.

I've never seen a marine using British made gear but as Craig has said I have seen U.S. Stamped gear used by marines. The cover used here is a British made cover for the U.S.

Hi

is this a us made cover maybe even usmc as its not marked ? its on ebay at $40

That is a US cover and it is marked with a US. This will work just fine on your set up....a lot better than the one now on the shovel.