Armor tunic

Nack

Nice complete uniform. The unit crest is for the 78th Field Artillery Battalion (Armored). SEMEL ET SIMUL means At Once and Together. They were attached to the 2nd Armored Division from 1941 through 1945 with I believe the following campaigns: Algeria-French Morocco, Sicily, Normandy, Northern France, Rhineland, Ardennes-Alsace & Central Europe.

Nice complete uniform. The unit crest is for the 78th Field Artillery Battalion (Armored). SEMEL ET SIMUL means At Once and Together. They were attached to the 2nd Armored Division from 1941 through 1945 with I believe the following campaigns: Algeria-French Morocco, Sicily, Normandy, Northern France, Rhineland, Ardennes-Alsace & Central Europe.

Thanks a lot! It's got some small moth holes here and there, and the large ribbon bar's pin is broken, but I'm pretty happy :)

Hey Nack,

An easy way to research those unknown DUIs is to type the motto into Google. Usually leads to some interesting links that let you follow up on the history of the unit, etc.

Mike

Hey Nack,

An easy way to research those unknown DUIs is to type the motto into Google. Usually leads to some interesting links that let you follow up on the history of the unit, etc.

Mike

Ah yes, that would make sense. Common sense, even. :) I'l have to do that from now on. Thanks for the tip!

And thanks Jim--it's the first armored thing I've picked up. Neat stuff.

Ah yes, that would make sense. Common sense, even. :) I'l have to do that from now on. Thanks for the tip!

And thanks Jim--it's the first armored thing I've picked up. Neat stuff.

Be careful, it's addicting! :D