Navy Nurse Corps

Army Hospital Dietitians

Army Physical Therapists

Publishing Date:

September 28, 2011

List Price: $89.99

Pre-order now directly at www.schifferbooks.com

teufelhunde.ret
Definitely adding this one to my collection! I hope she comes out with more books in the future.

Agree - like usmc women reserves!

I am a little surprised that only 4 subjects are being covered in an entire volume. Are there that many army/navy nurse, hospital dietician, and hospital therapists items to warrant an entire book for just these items?

I am just curious. I am not discounting the book.

....Kat

fortworthgal

I noticed that too, but I think she's going to be much more extensive than Dressed for Duty was. I expect she'll probably show each item in detail - photographs of each piece & tag... which, if she does that, I can easily see it taking up a whole volume. Think about it, you've got multiple dress uniforms, duty uniforms, off-duty dresses, capes, hats, bags, field gear, not to mention all the variants... Heck I own maybe 1/2 of what Army Nurses were issued throughout the war and I can't imagine photographing every single piece! :lol:

I hope that is what the book is like, because so far I have not seen any women's reference book that describes and shows each and every piece issued and multiple variants thereof. There are entire books dedicated only to Marine field gear, but nothing that extensive and comprehensive for the female services. I am anxious to see what Katy has put together!

but I think she's going to be much more extensive than Dressed for Duty was.

I hope that is what the book is like, because so far I have not seen any women's reference book that describes and shows each and every piece issued and multiple variants thereof.

These are my thoughts too. If so, I will definitely get the book. As I said, I was just curious about the layout.

....Kat

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone purchased this book? The date kept getting pushed back and now Amazon says it is temporarily out of stock. Has this book ever been published?

Thanks, Kat

dogfacedsoldier

Hey,

I looked over this book at the last military show I attended. Nice book, ok photos, had no interest in it when I saw what it covered, pricey too. Still I almost bought it. I have seen some of the photos before. I will be more interested in the Wac volume.

Jon

Hey,

I looked over this book at the last military show I attended. Nice book, ok photos, had no interest in it when I saw what it covered, pricey too. Still I almost bought it. I have seen some of the photos before. I will be more interested in the Wac volume.

Jon

Jon,

Thank you so much for posting this response. I really appreciate it. You are correct that it is pricey. That is why I was wondering what others thought.

....Kat

• 3 months later...
fortworthgal

Okay, my husband just brought this book home and surprised me with it. Finally I can post a fair review!

For anyone who is remotely interested in ANC and NNC collecting and wondering whether or not you should get it - absolutely, do NOT hesitate. This book is incredibly, incredibly extensive. It covers every uniform piece in detail, including fabric weaves & colors, gear, and extensive history and information on each branch. Each uniform piece and combination is photographed in detail, complete with period photographs and regulations as reference. All of the modern photographs in the book are excellent and clear, complete with period makeup & hairstyles.

This book makes "Dressed for Duty" look like a child's coloring book.

Pricey, yes, but very much worth it for serious collectors of WWII women's uniforms. I can honestly say this is a definitive volume for the ANC and NNC, similar to what the Harlan Glenn books are for USMC collectors.

I am very much looking forward to her future volumes!