A Killer Gas Mask Auction on E Bay

Survival

Check out this E Bay auction. The Buy it Now price includes free delivery. The Seller will personally deliver it to you......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-WWII-U-S-OPTI...=item43a879eff8

Oh boy, I don't know if I want this guy coming to my house

(From his youtube channel): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNin5_4Zadw...nel_video_title

:o

:lol:

If I am going to own a piece of WWII history for 4 million dollars, it's not going to be a gas mask, aircraft carrier, P-51 mustang, Ike's personal stag collection, but not a gas mask.

What's funny, if you look through his video comments, there is another kid that pops up and says, "Hey I have the gas mask bag for your mask" So much for super, 4 million dollars, rare!

He even had 7 offers!

Erwin

I could try to make an offer around $50 and wait until delivery ... :lol:

son of desertrat

I know where one of these is that is mint in the bag for $50! It has to be worth 5-6 million with the bag right?

Keenan :thumbsup:

My god.....well, i sent him an informative message, but im sure his guaranteed 4 million wont reason with sanity :lol:

As for the mask itself, i purchased mine for 50....and the bag for 5 bucks.....very rare indeed, and in his video, he doesnt even know what theyre truly used for..... :thumbdown:

shrapneldude
in his video, he doesnt even know what theyre truly used for..... :thumbdown:

Yes he does! Only for very highly specialized, super-secret troops though... Artillery, Navy Ship's Captains, Snipers, Tankers... and uh ... other highly specialized troops because they had to see what they were doing. :lol:

Sweet, I hit the jackpot. I have 3 of these with carriers.

You would think for 4 million, you would at least have cleaned it and taken some serious photos.

Instead of buying a plane ticket and hand delivering this rare piece of history, he should just purchase the plane and leave it with the gas mask.

Dan

shrapneldude
listing removed ......

no pics posted......

thread fail

That's not really necessary, is it? I wouldn't call this thread a failure.

This auction has been on eBay for months now, and it's probably a result of a few eMails he's gotten from people who have seen this thread as it was active until very recently.

Anyhow though, for everyone's benefit, I'm going to post some stills from his youtube video about the gas mask. Posted here for educational purposes only, not for profit, and attributed to their creator, screen name "NinjightNationCorp" on YouTube.

My personal feelings on this is that when people ask collectors "What's it worth?" instead of responding with contempt for their apparent greed and lack of interest in history, we should just give them an honest, realistic answer and send them on their way. $4,000,000 is a LOT of money, and one I don't think this particular seller has a concept of in terms of collectibles. 99.999% of collectibles sold to militaria collectors don't bring over $1,000 and the items that sell over $10K and $50K are sparse as well. Perhaps if someone had given him a reasonable idea of what his gas mask was worth, he wouldn't be thinking he'd be able to retire after selling it. Then again, there are dealers out there who get an idea in their heads about what something is worth and no amount of facts and reason will get through.

Anyhow, here's pictures. :thumbsup:

post-1424-1313882293.jpgpost-1424-1313882302.jpg

post-1424-1313882313.jpg

Leatherwringer
That's not really necessary, is it? I wouldn't call this thread a failure.

It is a failure no more....thanks for the pics

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.