Need some help identifing this patch

savage21

believed to be vietnam era hand emboidered

sorry for the blurry pics i just used my phone

thank u to anyone who can help :)

Brandon

post-15052-1313808784.jpg

Unofficial USAF patch for crews that monitored the Communist supply routes in Laos during the Vietnam War. Quite possibly worn on a party suit.

believed to be vietnam era hand emboidered

sorry for the blurry pics i just used my phone

thank u to anyone who can help :)

Brandon

It's a generic patch used by the USAF Tactical Air Support Squadron's.

Mark

Also, at the risk of stating the obvious, I believe the patch design was based on the California Highway Patrol shoulder patch in use at the time.

Also, at the risk of stating the obvious, I believe the patch design was based on the California Highway Patrol shoulder patch in use at the time.

Obviously not me lol I actually didnt even notice that good eye my friend :)

Even still, it looks like a good patch. But not Vietnamese made I don't think. Probably Thai. The variants I have seen are all of Thai manufacture, as yours looks. If possible, get a picture of the back of that patch.

kriegsmodell
too bad :( but I still love it none the less :)

From this posting it would seem that you are unhappy that the patch is not Vietnam made? If that is the case, no reason to feel that way. It is a great period patch made in-theatre South East Asia. Nice piece!

From this posting it would seem that you are unhappy that the patch is not Vietnam made? If that is the case, no reason to feel that way. It is a great period patch made in-theatre South East Asia. Nice piece!

No I was upset cuz I told my friend who gave it to me that I was almost 100% cetrain it was vietnam made and now I have to go back and say I made a mistake thats why i was unhappy But I love this patch I am willing to bet this patch will be the coolest patch I ever own. :)

Patchcollector
No I was upset cuz I told my friend who gave it to me that I was almost 100% cetrain it was vietnam made and now I have to go back and say I made a mistake thats why i was unhappy But I love this patch I am willing to bet this patch will be the coolest patch I ever own. :)

Well,you said "almost" right?So you're covered! :lol: Thanks for posting the great pics,I have the shield variation,as shown by the other poster in this thread.You have a sweet patch! :bravo:

Patchcollector

Here's one from my collection,I have the Laotian,and Cambodian one's around too.

I have been thinking of starting a thread for "Highway Patrol" patches that I've

collected,from Nam to present.Same with my "Yacht Club" patches. :)

post-13386-1313974279.jpeg

post-13386-1313974290.jpeg