Belleau Wood Memorial

Squad leader

Thank you for posting these. I hope to make the trip over to see it in person in a few years time.

I'm thinking in 2018 if I'm still alive.

Jon B.

Newaygo MI

OUTSTANDING POST & PICS! THANK YOU!!! :bravo: I have been there twice. It is a sobering walk through those woods if you know what occurred there. Semper Fi........Bobgee

The hunting lodge : Now

Here's one from my collection... Please notice the doughboys hanging out of the window..

post-5477-1313855131.jpg

Therry

Daniel, Simply Outstanding Shots there are truely amazing and thanks once again for sharing some amazing

Pictures in this topic: Museums, Battlefields & Monuments you really have added to this topic that is i really have enjoyed your Topic's on here

You sure have done an Excellent Job Credit has to be giving to you for the excellent work you have done and time put into it on your behalf that is for sure a Fantastic Job that is :thumbsup:

Best Regards

Tomás.

Squad leader
Here's one from my collection... Please notice the doughboys hanging out of the window..

Therry

Hi Therry,

Many thanks for posting this very interesting postcard.

I had never seen it before.

Dan.

Great photos, Dan :thumbsup: ... I already wrote it, but there's something special in Belleau Wood, like in many WW1 battlefields.

With your pics, some will understand where my avatar comes from ;)

• 9 months later...
teufelhunde.ret

Today being the 94th anniversary of the start of the Belleau Wood campaign, a most appropriate time to revive this old thread for newer members to see... the price paid by so many Marines...