Estate Sale find today

hirsca

Could someone please help me ID these two patches? Larger one is on black felt with a cheescloth backing. The smaller one is on very dark navy blue felt and the propeller is a baby blue color. Any info is much appreciated. Thanks, Al Hirschler in Dallas.

post-12790-1313790093.jpg

post-12790-1313790105.jpg

Al

The one on the right is normally seen on WW2 womens /Wave snlisted uniforms

the left one is a PX or souvienet patch in my opinion.

The one on the left looks like an embroidered version of a chief's hat device. Possibly a PX patch as Ron says?

Sabrejet :think:

Thanks doyler and Sabrejet. I forgot to add this pic of the dog tags that were with the patches. They are oval, but dated July 1944 for the Tetanus shot. Did the Waves not get the rectangular type or are these something else? Thanks, Al.

post-12790-1313802404.jpg

Al

The one on the right is normally seen on WW2 womens /Wave snlisted uniforms

RD,

What is the significance of the design ?

(Whoops, I forgot the bold print :pinch:)

Thanks doyler and Sabrejet. I forgot to add this pic of the dog tags that were with the patches. They are oval, but dated July 1944 for the Tetanus shot. Did the Waves not get the rectangular type or are these something else? Thanks, Al.

Standard WW 2 Navy Dog Tags. The screw and anchor patch was worn on the lapels of the dress blue coat up to 1975.

Steve Hesson

The "trailing N" , as in the attached pic, and replicated on your CPO's patch is indicative of WW2 period. Post-war, the "USN" was in a straight line.

post-8022-1313845236.jpg

The "trailing N" , as in the attached pic, and replicated on your CPO's patch is indicative of WW2 period. Post-war, the "USN" was in a straight line.

post-8022-1313845236.jpg

Another great piece of information. Thank you Sabrejet! Al.