My $100 Jeep

sprprops

Good find, keep us posted on the restoration. I was at Volo last month, too bad you didn't get their other Jeep for $100!

Yeah I wish I could have taken that one for $100. They told me they paid $500 for mine and another $700 to ship it from California.

It may be a while before I get to the restoration as I already have about 6 restorations in the works!

• 2 weeks later...

That's a big project Chris.

When I was a kid back in the 80's, my father's cousin use to buy and sell heavy equipment. He would go to government auctions regularly and buy Deuce 1/2's, bulldozers, fork lifts, dump trucks, etc to re-sell. Many times we would have to buy groups of vehicles(lots) to include the old "Jeeps" to get the machinery that he wanted. He had no outlet for the "Jeeps" so he would cut them up for scrap. I can remember many times him pointing to a row of 15-20 or more Jeeps and telling my father to take a few if he wanted them because he was torching them up later that day or the next day.

Makes me sick to think of it now.

ROb

RustyCanteen

SPRProps, I would suggest you heavily document this before restoration as it is a real screen used jeep.

And I think you should visit http//:www.g503.com/forums/ for information on what you have. Many members here are also members of that board.

RC

RustyCanteen

Also, in case you don't know the rims are postwar civvy rims and not the correct "combat rims" for WWII.

Very neat piece of motion picture history.

RC

SPRProps, I would suggest you heavily document this before restoration as it is a real screen used jeep.

And I think you should visit http//:www.g503.com/forums/ for information on what you have. Many members here are also members of that board.

RC

I always document each one of my restorations, I have many many years experience in doing restorations. I also have been a member of the G for a while.

Thanks,

Chris

RustyCanteen

Ok, didn't see that part at first.

Keep us updated on your progress, it's an interesting project. :thumbsup:

RC

Ok, didn't see that part at first.

Keep us updated on your progress, it's an interesting project. :thumbsup:

RC

I will most definitely keep everyone updated on this project, when I find the time to do it LOL.

Thats Awesome! I thought about taking it to some reenactments so they could use it as a prop or 'set dressing'

post-20509-1313681077.jpg

Are you making a comment about Nicolas Cage's driving skills?

Great buy!

Are you making a comment about Nicolas Cage's driving skills?

Great buy!

While I was picking it up I was looking at his Ferrari and there wasn't a single scratch on it. LOL

Im well aware of the Volo Auto museum, and some of their "restorations" Im surprised that there wasn't two more zeros at the end of the price. They're a bunch of sheisters. Their "original" Bluesmobile is a 74 Plymouth Fury, they had a 74 Dodge Monaco in the movie which were old surplused CHP cars! The "Car 54 where are you car" is the wrong year, the wrong trim level, and the wrong color!

Im well aware of the Volo Auto museum, and some of their "restorations" Im surprised that there wasn't two more zeros at the end of the price. They're a bunch of sheisters. Their "original" Bluesmobile is a 74 Plymouth Fury, they had a 74 Dodge Monaco in the movie which were old surplused CHP cars! The "Car 54 where are you car" is the wrong year, the wrong trim level, and the wrong color!

Yes I noticed many discrepencies with their cars including how their BTTF Delorean is a really really bad copy. Also the majority of the damage to the jeep was caused by them and not the actual explosion, it was even more beat up when I got there to pick it up. That being said they were nice people to deal with.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1stusmcdiv42

Thats funny! Heres a pic of a buddy and I doing a Wind Talker pose infront of the jeep back when we used to do a WW2 display with Volo. This picture is probably from 2006.

VoloAutoMuseumevent064.jpg

I had scoured the internet when I bought the jeep for pics of the jeep on display and I was surprised with what I found.

I really enjoyed the period correct coke. LOL

post-20509-1337144789.jpg

willysmb44
I had scoured the internet when I bought the jeep for pics of the jeep on display and I was surprised with what I found.

I really enjoyed the period correct coke. LOL

Heck, if that's the worst you've found, you're okay. I've found photos of my own Jeep taken by people who've come across it in displays. I've seen a photo of two girls siting in the seats (having moved the straps, "Do not touch" signs), messing around with the wheel and gearshift. Another flickr shot I found showed a Chinese guy with the hood open reaching down inside the engine! That made my blood run cold knowing I'd driven it after that, never having known. Good thing I always peek under the hood before I fire it up and always disconnected the battery when sitting at displays!