Does this one strike anyone else as ODD

pconrad02

CNY Militaria

As a side note, for some reason this is the second time in a few weeks or couple of months, that this seller has sold this on ebay. Perhaps the first buyer was unhappy?

On first look I would say MOS change, but seeing as he was in the Guard unit prior to the war makes it a little strange- plus the ribbon bar doesnt have the American Campaign Medal, which he would have earned for being in prior to Pearl Harbor

As a side note, for some reason this is the second time in a few weeks or couple of months, that this seller has sold this on ebay. Perhaps the first buyer was unhappy?

I watched it the first time as well since the 116th is part of the 41st division.

Seeing it come up again does raise some question.

I would bid on it for the book alone and the DI's.

Cheers

Roger that Medals- - Trying to sneak a response in between flight manifests and sitreps didnt allow me my proofread! emba0005.gif Although yes, I meant the ribbon was not there- Unlike the American, ETO, and PTO campaign medals, which were not made until post-war, the American Defense medal was produced, and does show up as such on discharges.

VAWARMEMORIAL

I have a volunteer here at the memorial that was in the USAAF in WWII and then Joined the Marines during the Korean War........ Needless to say he has a very interesting ribbon bar.

Just being devil's advocate...

What say that he might have been national guard enlisted prior to WW2, then joined the AAF as enlisted, fighting in the ETO during the War. Following the War, he got out, went to college, and when Korea started, re-joined the Army as an engineer. The wings simply came off the uniform at some point in it's history and he could have just not worn the American Defense for some reason... Just a thought...

Dave

What I see as weird, there are numerous Air Medals and A DFC, yet no wings. I know you can earn Air Medals just by being along for the ride, but a DFC just about always takes an aircrew member status to get. (Notice I said"just about"), as a few DFC's have been handed out to someone that was just in the right place at the right time. think.gif