Schrade MIL-K

Still-A-Marine

Still-A-Marine

I was able to snag one of these a few days ago. I haven't received it yet but was wondering how hard are they to find. I had been looking for several months when I found this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...9#ht_584wt_1398

This is the only picture and the description is "overall condition is good." So this may be junk or a gem. For 8.99 + 3.99 shipping I thought it worth the risk.

I will post more and better pictures when it arrives.

Bill

post-4347-1313421070.jpg

According to Michael Wiedemann's chart from 2002 that bayonetman posted earlier, that was the only year Schrade made those knives. Unless there is something really wrong with the knife (broken spacers/springs) it looks like a very good deal.

I don't actively seek out Mil-Ks usually, but if one crosses my line of sight, I take notice...and I've never seen let alone owned a Schrade example. I'd say you did quite well if they were only made that one year no matter what. Good score!

Bill another nice knife. From the third pic it looks like at least the main blade and can opener would have good snap to them. Is the knife pretty tight?

:thumbsup:

Still-A-Marine
Bill another nice knife. From the third pic it looks like at least the main blade and can opener would have good snap to them. Is the knife pretty tight?

:thumbsup:

Every thing is tight with no wobble. All components have good snap. A little spotting and the awl has been sharpened but not badly. Looks like I lucked out. Bill

Frank Trzaska

Very tough one to find. Made by Camillus in 1982 and 83 (but only dated with 1982). In total they made about 57,000 of them. Made by Camillus for Schrade I do not know if Schrade ever held a contract for them or sold them commercially. I would wager there was a contract for the government in there somewhere.

All the best

Frank Trzaska

• 2 weeks later...
Still-A-Marine
Very tough one to find. Made by Camillus in 1982 and 83 (but only dated with 1982). In total they made about 57,000 of them. Made by Camillus for Schrade I do not know if Schrade ever held a contract for them or sold them commercially. I would wager there was a contract for the government in there somewhere.

All the best

Frank Trzaska

I was looking at the MIL-K-818D document and noticed in section 3.7 Marking for Identification "...year of contract" would be used. So I am thinking the contract was in 1982 and it took Camillus into 1983 to fill this contract.

Bill

• 10 years later...

I picked up one of these. Funny part was that the seller had it listed as a 1982 Camillus. Which it technically is.

But its def marked Schrade.

DSCF4336.JPG

DSCF4337.JPG