Unusual ERDL Blouse

Jason G

Buddy of mine, who is a thrift shop regular, picked this up this week. I've never seen one done up like this. No tags, and it looks like it was made this way instead of being a cut up version.

post-271-1194460540.jpg

post-271-1194460558.jpg

post-271-1194460562.jpg

No tags of any kind in the blouse, no evidence there ever was one, either. My buddy says the size is about a medium. Not a pregnancy blouse or anything from what I can tell.

• 1 month later...
I had one of those back in high school that had an Air Force tape and Airman 1st Class rank insignia.

I'm sure no expert, but I can tell you this: my brother had an ERDL cammo set of pants and shirt custom made for me at one of the tailer shops just outside of Long Binh in Viet Nam in 1970. It is pretty well made, and obviously has no tags or markings of any kind just the patches he had made to go on it. I still have it. I also have two other Vietnamese made shirt variations in ERDL, one I got from a vet that had it made in VN in 1971, plus another I found as part of a great vet grouping at a flea market for cheap. Bottom line to this is don't be too quick to dismiss your shirt as some kind of post Viet-Nam era duckflage as some may think. None of my three are made like the jungle jacket but look more like the older fatigue shirt.

It's still a hunting shirt. I saw a fishing vest today at the Rose Bowl that was made outta poplin ERDL. The ERDL material obviously was available for hunting clothes at some point in the late 60's/early 70's.