What do I have here. I found this today as I was going through a box of things I had packed away more than 25 years ago. It is six inches in length and has a bore hole of about 1 inch. It is made of stainless steel and is quite heavy. It has a couple of markinsg on it that I have scanned. Any info on this would be appreciated. Ben

post-4101-1313175429.jpg

post-4101-1313175439.jpg

Looks like a muzzle break but have no idea what it is made for. Is it threaded on the inside?

donation2013.gif

GOD Bless Texas And All That Serve Her

Definitely a muzzle brake, and it has a US post WWII eagle stamp on it. No idea what it would be for thought, M-14?

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Thanks for the info. The bore on this muzzle is really close to 1 inch in diameter if not a full inch. This was for a big gun. I was an Air force pilot I don't remember where I picked this up but it had to be in the late 1970's. Ben

Being one inch would put it about the size of a .50 caliber.

If the bore is indeed a full 1 inch then that would make this a brake for a 20mm canon. I believe it is for the canon on an A4 skyhawkpost-698-1314012210.jpg.

There is only one tactical principle not subject to change, That is, to use the means at hand to inflict the most wounds, Death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimal amount of time possible. Gen G.S. Patton jr.

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares, often do the plowing for those who did not."

"Good one" counts as a post too.

donation2007.gifdonation2009.gif

That is it!! Thank you for knowing what it was and even posting a photo of it. I could not remember where I got it. I must have picked it up on a joint exercise with the Navy. I flew in many of those in the late 1970's and early 80's. Ben

That is it!! Thank you for knowing what it was and even posting a photo of it. I could not remember where I got it. I must have picked it up on a joint exercise with the Navy. I flew in many of those in the late 1970's and early 80's. Ben

It was my pleasure Ben. Thats what we are here for. :)

There is only one tactical principle not subject to change, That is, to use the means at hand to inflict the most wounds, Death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimal amount of time possible. Gen G.S. Patton jr.

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares, often do the plowing for those who did not."

"Good one" counts as a post too.

donation2007.gifdonation2009.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.