Any Original Fotos of US advisers to Thai PARU units?

hochiminhtrail

hochiminhtrail

Hy

just wondering, i have seen the Foto of Bill Lair in Thai police uniform, but i was wondering if he was the only US official to wear Thai uniform, as he was basicaly CIA.

from what i have heard the US personel assigned to the PARU were mostly CIA, does anybody else here have any other Informations if special forces, in US uniforms were advisers to the PARU units or if they would have left the Army "officialy" and then traine the PARU as a "civilian" ???

Would be nice to see US staff in thai uniforms.

Cheers

Alex

hochiminhtrail

well i have a problem reducing the foto to the correct size, i have scanned it from a book but i cant reduce it to the proper size, or it s so small nobody will recognize anything.

If you want send me a private message with your e mail and i will send it to you.

Cheers

Alex

Hi

Please show this Photo i need to see and i will Comment

hochiminhtrail

Please go on this site you will see one picture with Bill Lair in Thai police uniform.

There are alos two other pictures in the BOOk Shooting at the moon, By Roger Warner

both in thai uniform one where he visit the King of Thailand

Cheers

Alex

www.montgomerylaw.net/ciadoc.html

well i have a problem reducing the foto to the correct size, i have scanned it from a book but i cant reduce it to the proper size, or it s so small nobody will recognize anything.

If you want send me a private message with your e mail and i will send it to you.

Cheers

Alex

Hy

just wondering, i have seen the Foto of Bill Lair in Thai police uniform, but i was wondering if he was the only US official to wear Thai uniform, as he was basicaly CIA.

from what i have heard the US personel assigned to the PARU were mostly CIA, does anybody else here have any other Informations if special forces, in US uniforms were advisers to the PARU units or if they would have left the Army "officialy" and then traine the PARU as a "civilian" ???

Would be nice to see US staff in thai uniforms.

Cheers

Alex

Special Forces Sergeants that worked with the CIA were not discharged. The duty was just listed as "other service" on DD214's and included in their time served for retirement.

I have worked with a few of them post military service in security jobs a lOOOONG time ago.

hochiminhtrail

well i wonder what kind of regualtion you had for Us forces being allowed to wear foreign uniforms, what did the Us forces wear in the early Vietnam war when they flew south vietnamese planes into combat, what did they wear in combat???? Us?? South Vnese? or sanitazied uniform ?? ( my guess is sanitazied, if i recall what i have been reading)

i know about the Ravens in laos but what about US troops serving in Vietnam or in thailand, in a semi covert operation? at the real real aerly stage of the war.

I think it must be a unique thing of a US official beeing allowed to wear a foreign countrys unifrom,

As you can see he really wears a Thai police uniform. He also manage to have a real Rank with the Thai police , Colonel i think. He was married to a Thai and spoke Thai fluently.

Alex

Special Forces Sergeants that worked with the CIA were not discharged. The duty was just listed as "other service" on DD214's and included in their time served for retirement.

I have worked with a few of them post military service in security jobs a lOOOONG time ago.

well i wonder what kind of regualtion you had for Us forces being allowed to wear foreign uniforms, what did the Us forces wear in the early Vietnam war when they flew south vietnamese planes into combat, what did they wear in combat???? Us?? South Vnese? or sanitazied uniform ?? ( my guess is sanitazied, if i recall what i have been reading)

i know about the Ravens in laos but what about US troops serving in Vietnam or in thailand, in a semi covert operation? at the real real aerly stage of the war.

I think it must be a unique thing of a US official beeing allowed to wear a foreign countrys unifrom,

As you can see he really wears a Thai police uniform. He also manage to have a real Rank with the Thai police , Colonel i think. He was married to a Thai and spoke Thai fluently.

Alex

I am not sure Alex. I really don't know what was done in the early 60's I was still in Highschool then driving a souped up 2 door 1928 model A sedan with a black laquer paint job and leather tuck and rolled interior, wearing a ducktail haircut , beboping to Elvis and Ricky Nelson records. I didn't go into the military till 66 after I was married for a year.

I have 3 sets of regular field green rip stops worn by a friend in Thailand when he worked guarding spook communication stations in the late 60's just before he retired. It is funny I know less about the stuff from my own military period than earlier wars. It was just issue stuff at the time and I really didn't care. I just used whatever was issued. I was more interested in cans of Budweiser, bottles of 33 beer and Johnny Walker red bottle scotch. And I bought some Burmese rubies and sapphires and some apple lace green jade for my gal. Plus one of those silk suzie wong split side dresses. Damn she looked good in that thing. ;) Hell she still looks good just a little older. Me I look like hell. A few chunks missin here and there with my hair becoming a memorie. :lol:

Steve