USAF Patches, Real?

Vix Steel

Here's my story on these, I dont know if they are real or new fakes from Pakistan or elsewhere.

I found a small almost kids sized leather jacket, looked to be a common civil knock off of some flight jacket. These 3 patches were crudely stitched as someone had added them to the jacket, maybe for a costume?

Im hoping the guy added grandpas patches and not some dollar store versions he just picked up...

The jacket reeked of smoke so I didnt take it.

Thanx guys, I hope the pics turn out ok.

USAF%20Patches.jpg

I wouldn't say they are "crappy" copies. The tiger detail is actually pretty good. I usually look at the detail of the tiger's face on a 14th AF patch as part of determining originality. Originals tend to have more face detail. And yours does. HOWEVER...anytime I see that small beaded (little "BB's") bulllion border, it's a huge red Paki flag for me. And they do have the dreaded black paper backings. And the wings have that typical Paki slick ribbed material (the blue color center). The other two don't have that ribbed material, but being that the wing patch also contains other materials in common with the other two, there's guilt by association all around, making them all modern repro patches.

Kurt