101ST AIRBORNE ID'D JUMP SUIT AND TUNIC, BASTOGNE

davidwh1

Guys,

I am following this on Ebay. My only concern are how fresh the patches look on the M42. Can I get some feeback from those in the know?

Some more images

post-6058-1312727151.jpg

post-6058-1312727172.jpg

post-6058-1312727184.jpg

I have a 327 group that includes a jump suit. I've seen others also. Too me it is not uncommon to find a jump suit in a glider group.

• 3 weeks later...
blitzkrieg gsd

I don't know about this one but I do know it will bring big bucks. Its just got to many questions for me to spend big bucks on it. Now there's some good things in the group but it all just don't seem to fit. Just keep feeling its been added to or freshined up. If you have you heart set on a 101st a/b group of that caliber ebay is the last place to buy. You would get a better group at a better buy with this the big one piece of mind from one of the 101st guys here. The last thing you want to do is go to bed every nite woundering if you got burned.

101 st A/B patch looks added to me as the threading at top of patch looks like it was humped up to look old.

blitzkrieg gsd

Has this ended yet? I would like to know what it sold for. I have a feeling we will be seeing this added to or broke up soon. My reason for thinking that way is this is a fakers dream. One of these guys could put a little time and money in this and make a killing.

Has this ended yet? I would like to know what it sold for. I have a feeling we will be seeing this added to or broke up soon. My reason for thinking that way is this is a fakers dream. One of these guys could put a little time and money in this and make a killing.

Looks like it did end, at $2650.00.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=160631086307

blitzkrieg gsd

2650.00 sound like whoever got it didn't have a lot of faith in it. That should be over 5k in my book if all was legit. Now the scary part if a con got it we will see it again.

ww2collector

2650 USD is actually "cheap" even it the patches are added later. I think that for a m42 set (jacket and trousers) you would go over 2k right? and then the IKE seems ok with patches and all.

Anyway I agree with what has been said above.

ww2collector

2650 USD is actually "cheap" even it the patches are added later. I think that for a m42 set (jacket and trousers) you would go over 2k right? and then the IKE seems ok with patches and all.

Anyway I agree with what has been said above.

I was bidding on this group when it was on ebay.The reason I was bidding is that the seller got this group derectly from the Vets daughter years ago as it appeared on ebay.The vets daughter even brought her Father to one of the many airshows that the seller use to display his items at to see his group again.I also saw this group displayed at one of the Allentown gun shows years ago just as it appeared on ebay.I have owned thousands of patched jackets shirts and blouses in 31 years and know that its impossible to tell how long any patch has been on a piece unless you know how it was stored where it was stored or cut the insignia off the item to see the pattern under the patch.I just emailed the seller left my phone number and asked him directly if he added or subtracted anything to the piece he called back with what I already knew its just the way it came to him years ago.Just because an item does not go for what someone thinks it should is not a benchmark on added or humped up items.Its easy to get in touch with any seller on ebay I just did ask your questions then judge a piece after you have all the info.

Bill

Well stated.I have seen a couple items in the hands of a local vet.One is a patched M42 jacket with trousers.Has his pocket patch on it.The suit is incredible.The vet sent it home prior to his departing to england in 1943.The suit saw little to no wear.I also own a suit sent home by a 17th Airborne vet.It saw no wear until he loaned it to the Division Association Historians.The one wore it to funerals and functions.Suit was unissued until this"historian" wore it and proceeded to sew on his 17th and 13th patches in the mid 80s.Suit is still nice but the patches were removed upon its return.

As stated you never really know when the patches were sewn on unless you can determine the chain of ownership and the conditions of its use or storage.