HAPPY 232nd BIRTHDAY, MARINES!

bobgee

On November 10th we celebrate the 232nd Birthday of the Corps. This year, the CMC has made a video of his Birthday message. It incorporates the historical background of the battle of Belleau Wood, June 1918 and the words of Texas author & artist Col. John W. Thomason USMC, himself a veteran of that battle and a Navy Cross and Silver Star recipient.

Happy Birthday, Marines! SEMPER FI!....Bobgee

Click on the following link.

http://marines.feedroom.com/?fr_story=4157...792e&rf=rss

my unit's Ball is Friday Night in Wilmington. We have Oliver North coming as our guest speaker, allegedly. Met him before in Baghdad, as well

Greg Robinson
my unit's Ball is Friday Night in Wilmington. We have Oliver North coming as our guest speaker, allegedly. Met him before in Baghdad, as well

I went to the birthday ball in Atlanta in the early 1970's. I remember it was formal and very, very nice. I was probably the only PFC in the room but was made to feel as welcome as if I'd been a senior officer.

Greg

OORAH!

I will say, the Ball was a major disappointment, organized poorly and run roughly. Not many fond memories will come of this Ball, which was also my first. Been deployed for the last 3

Greg Robinson
OORAH!

I will say, the Ball was a major disappointment, organized poorly and run roughly. Not many fond memories will come of this Ball, which was also my first. Been deployed for the last 3

Brig

Sorry to hear this. The Atlanta birthday ball, when I went to it, was outstanding. A bit too formal for my liking but that's the way they do it. I remember seeing my boyhood friend's dad, a Colonel in the Marines, go to those back in the early 1960's and he wore that officer's dress white uniform, complete with sword. Like I said, formal.

Greg

Happy Birthday, and semper fi to all jarheads out there!!

A bit of last-minute advice to Marines attending the ball tonight...DO NOT BRING WEAPONS TO THE BALL! If you get drunk and out of control, you will be forcibly disarmed by your section head, and will never be allowed to drink at Marine Corps functions again!

teufelhunde.ret

Semper Fi Marines... tonight let us all lift a toast in honor of those who are today, in harm's way. And to God, Country and Corps, for which we salute those who served before us and those whom will follow us.

jeremiahcable

Semper Fidelis and Happy Birthday Brothers!! As Darrell said, let's all raise a toast tonight for all our fellow Marines in harm's way!

OohRah!

Jeremiah

shrapneldude,

it almost sounds as if that situation has happened to you before??? :lol:

Happy 232....mmm I remember the feast from 231 lol

It has, and it kept me a Lance Corporal! But hey, on Saturday, I attended my first ball as a sober, charming, professional perfect gentleman...and it was NO FUN! hahaha! I love the ball, and one observation that really saddened me...when they played the Marines Hymn, not one Active Duty or Reserve Marine sang along while standing at attention. The table of honored guests, Korea and WWII Marine vets were singing loud enough for the rest of us, and the pride they had for our corps was palpable. My wife and I made it a point to shake all their hands and wish them a happy birthday and thank them for serving. And the wild part? They said they were proud of US! Anyway, it was all in all a good "Semperiffic" night! OOhRah to all devildogs out there!