Lets see some Vietnam War uniforms!

36-tex

surplus sammy

I have three USMC sets that came from the same veteran.

I know the tie is incorrect,but it slipped by when I took the pics way back.

4a7.jpg

7c2.jpg

c84.jpg

surplus sammy

Ensign Uniform United States Navy

Nothing flash with him,tho its hard in Australia to pick up this stuff.

US Commisioned Cap & Jacket,Vietnam Ribbons

4a9.jpg

surplus sammy

JFK Special Warfare Staff Sergeant

Class A Greens Set.

I like this one,just the right amount of eye candy.

328.jpg

Oh I just noticed his hat,oooops

• 2 weeks later...

Why is the Marine Master Sergeant in dress blues wearing an officers cap? How come the Army Staff Sergeant in class A greens is also wearing an officers cap?

Just curious. think.gif

surplus sammy
Why is the Marine Master Sergeant in dress blues wearing an officers cap? How come the Army Staff Sergeant in class A greens is also wearing an officers cap?

Just curious. think.gif

Amendment

132.jpg

I didnt bother to change USMC to black band at time.........

craig_pickrall

I think this one should have the green beret with the JFK SWC flash. It matches his oval.

Flying Tiger. this is a beautiful uniform. Do you have any more information on him. Award citations or maybe his full name? Thanks for sharing.

4starchris

Thanks 4starchris for your compliment. This info is off of the card I got with the uniform. 1st. Calvary/101st. Airborne Div

Over 30 years of service. Rank is Command Sgt. Major in the 1st. Calvalry Div. Above ribbon bar is the Master Parachute Badge and Combat Infantry Badge 3rd award. Below ribbon bar is an Expert Qualification Badge-Expert in rifle,pistol,machine gun and flame thrower. Ribbon Bar contains the second highest military decoration awarded, The Distinguished Service Cross, followed by the Silver Star with Oakleaf, Soldier's Medal, Bronze Star with a v and Purple Heart with Oakleaf to name only a few. Above right pocket is the rare Air Assault Badge awarded only to members of the 11th. Air Assault Div. for a limited time and 5 Unit Citations. Around rihgt shoulder is the Infantryman shoulder cord. 101st. Div. Patch on right shoulder and combat leaders tabs with the Distinctive Insignia of the 9th. Calvary.

This was one of many pieces I picked up form a friend who passed away. He collected only high end items. Hope this helps and I have tried several web sites to get info on him. Thanks Chris

CNY Militaria

3 war Colonel. Other shoulder has MAC-V patch on it.

Armored RCN BN CDR, named to him. I am waiting on NARA for my FOIA request to come back. I added the pin-on insignia according to his records I already have.

namcol.jpg

armored.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
And this one was worn by LTG Julian Ewell who commanded 9th ID and later 2nd Field Force. Note the direct embroidered subdued insignia.

What's the story on the shoulder cord? I wondered for some time why there was a button sewn to the left shoulder. The I found a pic of Ewell wering an RVN unit citation fourragiere at some sort of a ceremony, so I added the correct cord. I guess we shoud call this Ewell's "dress" jungle uniform!

And finally (for now), here is the AG uniform of LTG Samuel T. "Hangin' Sam" Williams, CG of MAAG-Vietnam from 1955 to 1960. Williams was a veteran of the Mexican Border campaign, WW1, WW2, Korea and Vietnam -- 5 wars in a 44 year career!

132_3280__2_.jpg

132_3281__2_.jpg

• 10 months later...
CNY Militaria

While he was not a GO DURING Vietnam, MG Dacey was Field Grade.

And an updted photo of the one shown previously, but with a complete restored ribbon rack.

i_576.jpg

i_577.jpg