Anyone Looking for Repro Pedersen Devices?

1917Corpsman

1917Corpsman

Would anyone out there with Springfield 1903 Mark I rifles be looking for reproduction sets of the Pedersen Devices? I remember Curtiss Wolf of Ordnance Research was planning on making them in .32 ACP, but he said he wouldn't be able to get started for the next 5 to 7 years. So I'm planning on asking if Norton Firearms can do this job since they are able to study the originals from the Springfield Armory Museum and they are interested in making historic military firearms. The sets I'm hoping Norton Firearms can make is the Pedersen Device, a blank fire adaptor, takedown tools, bolt carriers and magazine pouches. Would there be any demand for them in the collector and reenacting community? Look forward to many replies on this subject!

Thanks,

Richard

I for one would love to have a repro Pedersen device for my Mark I!

I know there are quite a few of these rifles still out there so I imagine there should be some interest, especially if it shot more economical ammo. We would also need the correct sear, cut-off and safety for use with the Pedersen as most of the existing Mark I's were converted back with standard parts. Really excited to hear this might be a possibility. Would be a great item to exhibit in a " World War I: 1919 What If ?? " display that I would love to do.

1917Corpsman
I for one would love to have a repro Pedersen device for my Mark I!

I know there are quite a few of these rifles still out there so I imagine there should be some interest, especially if it shot more economical ammo. We would also need the correct sear, cut-off and safety for use with the Pedersen as most of the existing Mark I's were converted back with standard parts. Really excited to hear this might be a possibility. Would be a great item to exhibit in a " World War I: 1919 What If ?? " display that I would love to do.

Norton Firearms I'm sure would have no problem converting the sear back to the original Mark I configuration with the tripper sear.

Great idea! I know a lot of folks with Mark Is that would like to have one of those. See what they have to say!

• 1 month later...