Chopper ride

cjohns

Well, since they are Chinook pilots, I'll forgive the lazy flight :w00t:

When I get my footlocker back from Iraq, I will have to upload my Panama tactical training flight. Nothing like flying the Azure coast

Cobrahistorian

Hey, someone's gotta bring the bbq to the battlefield!

Hawk, you guys bring the cheerleaders, Cjohns, tell your brother to bring the bbq and the beer and we -64 guys'll enjoy the party. :D

His friend has been flying whirlybirds since VN and is still dusting,my bro said he quit counting after 35000 hrs.He flies a rehabbed an OH-54.

Spathologist
I will have to upload my Panama tactical training flight. Nothing like flying the Azure coast

Or Dinosaur Valley NOE....

Spathologist
Hey, someone's gotta bring the bbq to the battlefield!

Hawk, you guys bring the cheerleaders, Cjohns, tell your brother to bring the bbq and the beer and we -64 guys'll enjoy the party. :D

If your Apache can make it to the party without breaking...remember all the Hawk guys will be eating BBQ and drinking beer, you'll have to catch a cab... ;)

I asked my brother once why he didn't fly slicks?He said "any knucklehead can fly a helicopter with one rotor"!

Is it true the current Hook pilots have to slow down so the rest of you can keep up?

Spathologist
I asked my brother once why he didn't fly slicks?He said "any knucklehead can fly a helicopter with one rotor"!

Is it true the current Hook pilots have to slow down so the rest of you can keep up?

They are the fastest helo in the inventory.

That is a true statement, but ask him what that lever is called on the floor to his left side? It is not what Igor Sikorsky, the father of helicopter flight calls it. I think they call it something like a .... uh, oh ya, thrust lever, that's gay'er than Apache pilots sitting one behind the other and staring at the back of each others heads!

As far as utility, name one thing that any other helicopter can do that Utility can't. Observation? sling loading? internal loads? attack? Utility can do it all..... I AM THE GREATEST, I AM THE GREATEST except that we don't wear silly women's underwear on our head like attack does :)

Cobrahistorian
As far as utility, name one thing that any other helicopter can do that Utility can't. Observation? sling loading? internal loads? attack? Utility can do it all..... I AM THE GREATEST, I AM THE GREATEST except that we don't wear silly women's underwear on our head like attack does :)

My buddy and I both failed our Bag checkrides (came back from winter exodus and were expected to take a checkride 2 days later) and were seriously contemplating bringing red panties to our re-check.

Yeah, yeah, yeah...

Hawk, as far as staring at the back of one another's heads and 'thrust levers', it ain't as gay as holding hands with your copilot as you fly along. I hear that's SOP in the -60. ;)

Jon

Spathologist
Hawk, as far as staring at the back of one another's heads and 'thrust levers', it ain't as gay as holding hands with your copilot as you fly along. I hear that's SOP in the -60. ;)

I dunno...two guys "doin' doggie style so we can both watch X-Files" isn't very hetero...

They are the fastest helo in the inventory.

IIRC, I thought the fastest was the MH-53E. I could be wrong, and if I am, I am sure you Army guys will let me know. :ermm:

IIRC, I thought the fastest was the MH-53E. I could be wrong, and if I am, I am sure you Army guys will let me know. :ermm:

What's a MH-53E? :think: If it ain't green, I don't know what it is.

Wow, I couldnt stop laughing reading hawk and cobra slug it out, lol Its pretty bad when an Apache breaks and a 60 crewchief has to get out of his bird and help out the pilots to get it going, lol This is why I loved Utility!! We couldnt sling it to FT Polk, this was the final fitment with bed rmvd and put next to it. I couldnt help but feel I was being followed all the way down there.

post-9577-1312340007.jpg

Deep down, in corners where you don't usually go, we really do love each other. You gotta love your brother, even the mentally challenged ones.

Cobrahistorian
Deep down, in corners where you don't usually go, we really do love each other. You gotta love your brother, even the mentally challenged ones.

And Hawk, I really do. Even you short-bus types. ;)

Fly safe bro.