KOREAN WAR DSC USAF MY BEST FIND EVER!

F 106 Pilot

• 1 year later...
F 106 Pilot

Thought I would bring this back to the top as it has been 63 years ago it took place on 11JUN1951. Still a prize in my collection. Ben

Captainofthe7th

Hi Ben--

What an amazing medal / group. I can't believe I missed this over the past few years, so thanks for resurrecting it.

You must still get excited when you bring this group back out. This is really an incredible bit of history and Lt. Najarian is certainly a hero. Great story! Certainly someone to be proud of. Thank you so much for sharing...I'd go as far as saying this is an exceedingly rare piece and I definitely appreciate that it is from Korea.

Still waiting to find myself a Korean War DSC... :)

Rob

F 106 Pilot

Yes this is one of my favorite groups if not my favorite. What got me thinking about it was a friend called me and told me that his story had been published in Mustang Magazine Spring 2014 and that they used the photos from this site that I posted several years ago of his medals in the story. I have ordered a back issue of the magazine to see for myself. He has been listed in several different publications as the greatest rescue ever for the USAF Rescue Service. When I do get the back issue I will post the photos from it if they are in fact there. His story is called "Little Tiger's Rescue" as he was a very small man in stature but brave in heart. What he did was unbelievable they should not have lowered him to the DSC but gave him the MOH they originally ask for him to be presented.

post-4101-0-70697100-1402878510.jpg

F 106 Pilot

Well the back issue of Mustangs arrived and it had a 10 page article on Lt John Najarian's rescue mission. It is a very interesting read with lots of photos. One of the photos used was the back of his the Distinguished Service Cross that I posted in my first post on this topic on this site. I wish they would have contacted me. I could have made them a high quality scan and could have had my collection attributed as well. It was nice to see it published and they did a great job describing the mission. This magazine is a nice addition to my Lt Najarian's collection. I am still very honored to be its caretaker for now. Ben

post-4101-0-05832100-1403281502.jpg

• 2 years later...
F 106 Pilot

It was 66 years ago on 11 JUN 1951 that Lt John Najarian . Flew this unbelievable mission thought I would bring it back up in his honor for new member to read. Ben

• 2 years later...
F 106 Pilot

Thought I would bring this back to the top as it will be the 71st  anniversary of this historic flight on 11JUN. Don't want or heroes to be forgotten. Ben