Pictures of wings and pretty girls

pfrost

John Cooper
Perhaps it adds a little context to the term, "baby boom"

I'm sure he figured it out.

LOL I thought the same thing when I saw his expression "you're what???" :lol:

John

Speaking of wings and pretty girls, how about this babe wearing a full size Dallas style wing along with other sweatheart pins on her sequined covered formal dress. The photo is dated February 26, 1919.

IMG_2115_crop.jpg

• 1 month later...
p2tharizo

These are friends of mine-both still alive and well. This was taken shortly after their wedding right before his jump into Holland-they met while he was stationed in England prior to D-Day. Notice he is only wearing his CIB and she's wearing his wings and oval with a heart pennant dangling below. I apologize that these are "pictures of pictures", maybe one of these days I'll get some scans if they'll let me. Great thread by the way.

S5006825.jpg

S5006827.jpg

This is a great thread for Mother's Day. Here is a shot from 1942 of my Dad, his Mother and his Dad. She wore winhs for the whole of WW2. After the war, she put them back in the original box, which I now have.

post-37192-1304860332.jpg

You have the wings and did not post them... come on now! ;)

I'm new at this...guess if you mention you have something you better share. So...here is...enjoy...

post-37192-1304950332.jpg

John Cooper

Thanks for posting the wings! I think it is very cool that you have them.

Now here is another photo to add to the mix.

Enjoy!

post-227-1304990490.jpg

1st Sgt CES

Hello everyone---well everyone can have a photo of a pretty girl with wings , but how about a medal & wings & a pretty girl !!!! Blue Skies 1st Sgt CES

post-6716-1305487552.jpg

tarheelyankee

Great photos of all these Airmen with their ladies. Especially like the photo of the pilot's sweetheart with the Air Medal. :thumbsup: Tom (Tarheelyankee)

• 3 weeks later...
LuftStalg1
Then there is this fighter pilot he-devil!

:thumbsup:

I love these little uniform’s, it would make a great Halloween Costume. Would love to find a copy of one for one of my boys to wear. Too cool!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
As much as I like collecting wings, I also enjoy finding those pictures of guys wearing wings. I ESPECIALLY like pictures of guys wearing wings with pretty girls (and sometimes not so pretty).

Here are a few of the photos from my collection.

This first one is of a service pilot wearing what looks like an LGB service pilot wing. The gal on the left has a USN cap badge pinned on her blouse.

I like black & white pic of ww1 & ww2 its nice....

Those silver wings were still working their magic in 1946 when this picture was taken.

Dad always liked the fact that the 8th was called the "Big Leagues" . . . maybe this picture helps illustrate the difference?

• 2 months later...

Flight Lieutenant J. Price, R.A.F., and Mrs. Price.

Flt. Lt. Price flew with No. 29 Squadron in the Battle of Britain and afterwards won the D.F.M. for services in the Middle East with No. 38 Squadron.

post-4542-1335205403.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Colonel Henry "Hap" Arnold with actress Mary Pickford circa 1934. Ms. Pickford is wearing a set of World War 1 pilot wings given to her by Arnold shortly after World War 1.

An interesting side note about Ms. Pickford is that she was the aunt of Don Chalif who wrote the book, Military Pilot & Aircrew Badges of the World [1870-Present], published by R. James Bender Publishing in 1982.

post-4542-1337246600.jpg