Youtube movie, reenactors watch with caution!

OD MAN

Seriously, at 0:38, you can see their house in the background.

Every kid now fancies himself the next Spielberg with th software and cameras that no previous generation had as kids. I know someone who screens stuff for a real film school and he told me most of the kids who try to get in bring in stuff like this and get really snippy when anyone tries to critique them. They feel they already know how to direct movies because of stuff like this and sitting around watching films.

I like them. I watched some of the others they did and read their replys to the comments. Their aware they don't have complete uniforms yet but they

need to pay for college first. With a little direction, technical advise and location changes these guys could probably produce something thats not half bad.

I like them. I watched some of the others they did and read their replys to the comments. Their aware they don't have complete uniforms yet but they

need to pay for college first. With a little direction, technical advise and location changes these guys could probably produce something thats not half bad.

I agree. Their hearts are in the right place, but its hard not to chuckle at some of their gear. :thumbsup:

Justin

I agree. Their hearts are in the right place, but its hard not to chuckle at some of their gear. :thumbsup:

Justin

YEAH I'm with you, made me grin when I saw that big class ring on the guy with the flask.

I Hate Moths

Maybe they would have done better with a 20 or 30 "million" dollar budget.

My hat is off to them!

PS

If they need some uniforms, call me.

Maybe they would have done better with a 20 or 30 "million" dollar budget.

My hat is off to them!

PS

If they need some uniforms, call me.

Not even the guys with millions to spend get it "right". May be the forum should make a movie? Just imagine all the arguments over what is correct for what time and battle. :lol:

Justin

ww2reproductions
Not even the guys with millions to spend get it "right". May be the forum should make a movie? Just imagine all the arguments over what is correct for what time and battle. :lol:

Justin

What a great idea, lets make a movie and get it right :thumbsup:

So here is the deal.

1. Movie goes for 2 minutes.

2. Film it in one day

3. Be put together in one day.

4. Story up to you.

5. Must be WW1, WW2, Korea or Vietnam.

6. Post it on youtube.

Leo

Although I get pretty annoyed sometimes when uniforms and equipment are incorrect in films, one has to remember that most directors don't have a clue about uniforms but do know a lot about making films.

A friend of mine is a professional film producer and he tells me about some technical details ones in a while. There is really much more to it than one might think. Even in the most simple clips!

No matter how much you know about uniforms, if you don't know much about making film the result will never be Oscar material.

Unfortunately that doesn't apply the other way around. ;)

I like it! My son does stuff like this all the time and he couldn't care less about whether his H harness was made in the 60s, 80s, or yesterday. It's kids having fun that's all. Not a lot different than this forum actually... :P

I hadn't realized there was that much snow in Vietnam.

Oh, that was "northern Viet Nam" near the alps. :D

Scott

Don't expect from YouTube. :lol: Also don't expect much from "collection" videos on Youtube, mainly just kids with a bunch of repro Airborne stuff with the Band Of Brothers theme.

Don't expect from YouTube. :lol: Also don't expect much from "collection" videos on Youtube, mainly just kids with a bunch of repro Airborne stuff with the Band Of Brothers theme.

I know what you mean there. I watched a kid's video of him showing as he calls it, an original SS "sniper" smock, and an SS field jacket. He claimed both were original, even though they were clearly fakes in mint condition. :lol:

Oh well, at least they are interested in military collecting. We all started somewhere...

Justin

The things I caught right off the bat were the LC-2 suspenders, the M65 field jacket and the OG-507 Shirt on the medic... oh yeah... and the M1937 sweatpants.... :pinch: I won't even mention the modern house... LOL

Never mind the uniforms, why is a medic going on patrol (just two of them)?... why is he holding his rifle modern style... And..and...And...

My brother is a professional film maker, fully university degreed up, and the shite he comes out wi to excuse the mistakes and "artistic" licence in historical and other innacuracies :w00t:

Willy: "get really snippy when anyone tries to critique them", there's loads, and I mean LOADS of so called grown men and women in this hobby who are worse wi their wee girlie petulance at the slightest critique!!

I give them a big thumbs-up! Spielberg's first movie as a kid was a war movie also and it was far worse. :thumbsup:

As for the house in the background, I remember an episode of "Combat" in which the Americans were advancing through a small town in France. There was about a four foot space between two buildings. In that space was a California highway carrying early 1960's rush hour traffic. So, I guess I can give a little grace on the modern suburban home in the background.

BTW, No one mentioned the 'nam era helmets. ;)

These kids are actually doing a very good job I think (Film making and editing is a another less active hobby of mine) the sounds, color, effects, and camera work is very good. Check their videos out. Not to mention they gear is correct. Did spot a few errors though. But a heck of a lot better than I could do.

Justin, bugme... well said, I salute them young lads, their trying and I wish, at their age, I could have done the same :thumbsup:

Justin

You mean its wrong if I dress up like a Roman soldier and carry an M1 with a mix of M56/61 and Molle gear while wearing a kilt??? :blink:

You mean its wrong if I dress up like a Roman soldier and carry an M1 with a mix of M56/61 and Molle gear while wearing a kilt??? :blink:

Didn't I see you in that "get up" at the last Kansas City Gun Show? :blink:

I don't think anyone is going to tell you it's wrong. You just might get asked to join the local Star Wars Reenactment Unit! :lol:

Allan