Latest M2

Still-A-Marine

Still-A-Marine

I don’t usually go for the “mint” items but sometimes something comes along I just can’t refuse. Here is my most recent WWII M2. It’s a Presto Paratrooper Knife with lanyard in original wrapper. (The tape has been removed from the wrapper.)

A knife just like it with the orange wrapper and lanyard is shown on page 74 of Pocket Knives of the United States Military by Michael W. Silvey.

Markings:

PRESTO

PAT.JAN.30-40

MADE IN U.SA.

Markings other side:

GEO.SCHRADE

KNIFE CO.INC.

S'PTCONN

Like I said I don’t usually go for the mint items. (And this is stone cold mint.) And lest I forget I need to thank you guys on the forum. It’s always nice to be able to ask opinions and get advice before spending money. Especially the higher cost items. In this case GB, Ron, & Mike. Aka gunbarrel, doyler, and bbmilitaria.

Bill

post-4347-1311904494.jpg

post-4347-1311904506.jpg

post-4347-1311904515.jpg

post-4347-1311904522.jpg

post-4347-1311904529.jpg

Bill

Congratulations! That is an excellent addition to any collection. Quite possibly the best example of the type I have seen in years.

Well done,

Darin

Congrats :w00t: that is an absloute Mint M2 Presto Paratroopers Knife you have got there

you just cannot get any better than that wow Absloutely MINT Excellent Find and Well Done :thumbsup:

Great looking knife!

I had a few questions. What is the length of this one closed? What are the scales made of?

Thanks!

Kim

Still-A-Marine
Great looking knife!

I had a few questions. What is the length of this one closed? What are the scales made of?

Thanks!

Kim

The knife is 4 1/8" closed. The blade is 3" so opened the total length is 7 1/8". The scales are black plastic. Here is the page from Pocket Knives of the United States Military by Michael W. Silvey.

This is my 3rd M2 and by far my favorite. It just feels "right" in the hand.

Bill

post-4347-1312067945.jpg

• 9 years later...

I realize this is an old old thread, but I have this knife, beautiful mint condition but the lanyard is attached, not in a paper wrapper.... wondering about it's approximate value? 

P1320835.JPG.ff3a106f9ff7563b15abaa3cc815488c.JPG

EmperorWangDong
1 hour ago, Raventree said:

I realize this is an old old thread, but I have this knife, beautiful mint condition but the lanyard is attached, not in a paper wrapper.... wondering about it's approximate value? 

P1320835.JPG.ff3a106f9ff7563b15abaa3cc815488c.JPG

I purchased one here  in stone mint unissued condition a little over a month ago for $1,200 shipped from member t_player, but I purchased it because it included the wrapper as well. Id say $800+, IMHO. Maybe more, maybe less, all I know is what I paid for mine recently.

Thank you for that info. I'm helping sell some things for an estate and I'd like to do my best for them, as well as make a buyer happy. I have a store on Ebay where I'll be listing, but I think I haven't been on this forum long enough to advertise here. Thanks for your help! 

EmperorWangDong

No problem. Be careful listing that M2 on eBay, they don't allow "switchblades" - maybe try gunbroker.com for selling anything that is questionable on eBay.

2 hours ago, Raventree said:

Thank you for that info. I'm helping sell some things for an estate and I'd like to do my best for them, as well as make a buyer happy. I have a store on Ebay where I'll be listing, but I think I haven't been on this forum long enough to advertise here. Thanks for your help! 

Thats great your able to help but I avoid ebay,GB etc due to fees. I have helped sell items for people and often they get close or the same prices as on line (sometimes more) and no fees or other liabilities.