USMC 1st Division Patch

Alec

This arrived on an Ebay purchase. The patch is very flimsy and the blue background stitching is very loose. Not like any typical WWII patch I have seen or have in my collection. It is not like the Aussie made patches I have seen either.

Anyone have any ideas or know what this style might be?

post-7194-1311830806.jpg

Corpsmancollector

Interesting patch Alec. It does look US made initially but the lettering is not quite as defined as other examples I have seen and the weave does look a little 'loose'. Although, it doesn't look extravagant enough to be Japanese? However, I'm no patch guru and will wait for others to chime in!

Is the patch on an enlisted dress blouse Alec?

Will

Garth Thompson

That loose weave is fairly typical post WW2 early occupation japanese embroidery, looks like a nice example.

Garth

Interesting patch Alec. It does look US made initially but the lettering is not quite as defined as other examples I have seen and the weave does look a little 'loose'. Although, it doesn't look extravagant enough to be Japanese? However, I'm no patch guru and will wait for others to chime in!

Is the patch on an enlisted dress blouse Alec?

Will

Yes enlisted blouse. Came with ribbons showing three stars on Pacific Campaign. Found his name in Rhode Island wounded in action listing too, but no PH Ribbon. Unique name so no mistake on it.