Rosters of G Company 184th Infantry 7th ID

CoachMadsen

CoachMadsen

Hello everyone, this is my introduction. Can you please help me. I am a Son of a First Sergeant that was in G Company of the 184th Infantry Regiment of the 7th ID during WWII. I have had an avid interest in the war in the Pacific for nearly 50 years, and have had the time in the last five years to sit down and write a book about these men in the Company in which some I had the privilege of knowing and in my younger years were very dear friends. Time has passed and unfortunately most of them have too. My book (which is not completed) contains the history of each one of the 91 young men (original CNG boys) that left Chico for SLO in mid March of 41, and the 350 plus that came in to the Company from that summer of 41 to September of 44. I have Rosters of Company G from March 3rd 1941 (Induction Day) up to September of 44, but nothing after that. I am trying to find a Roster (or list of names) that may have been taken prior to the April 1st invasion of Okinawa. Thank you for your help..

• 4 years later...

Hi there,

I know this was 5 years ago, but I am a U.S. Army ROTC Cadet doing research on the first Cadets to commission from the University of Montana Lloyd Madsen (Who I'm assuming youre username is named after) is one of them, and I would love to see if he is on that roster you have.

Thanks,

Vish

Vish, if you send him a private message here it might prompt an email notification (I receive email notification when private messaged). Not sure if you need to have a certain number of posts on the forum in order to send a private message or not but worth a shot. Good luck with your search.

• 1 year later...

You might want to check the National Archives in College Park, MD. By the way, I would like to get copies of you research. I am the historian for the California National Guard

Dan Sebby, SGM

Military Historian, California Military Department

[email protected]