New SF Camo'd ACH

OEF COLLECTOR

OEF COLLECTOR

I recently purchased this nice camo'd lid on ebay for a great price. It is an MSA, size large. Either 2006, 2008, or 2009 (It doesn't have a clear date). Looks like a newer camo pattern used by Army SF. It has a few different patterns and colors. The paint has consistant wear around edges, the top and bolts. The velcro came out looking newer in the photos than in person. Looks like the pads got replaced at some point, but it's not a big deal.

-Joseph

post-21753-1311739600.jpg

OEF COLLECTOR

Thanks Rick, I'm very happy and pleased with it. I have a used night vision mount and arm for it, but I need a screw. Those are HARD to find.

Another instance where I almost bid against you... it's a great helmet, and sold for far less than I thought it would (which is why I didn't bother putting in a bid!).

I've seen a few neat painted ACH helmets sell on Ebay for less than I felt they should have, and have seen other sell for way more. Ebay is a strange place...

Great snag, and a very cool looking helmet.

OEF COLLECTOR

The seller I got the lid from is one of my favorites on ebay. He just advertises these as regular helmets, when they are camo'd and doesn't take great pictures, so they go for less. The ones that go for big money, that I noticed, have clear pictures on a good background and are advertised as SF camo'd helmets. I've gotten a nice camo'd ACH from him before also for the same price as this.

Another instance where I almost bid against you... it's a great helmet, and sold for far less than I thought it would (which is why I didn't bother putting in a bid!).

I've seen a few neat painted ACH helmets sell on Ebay for less than I felt they should have, and have seen other sell for way more. Ebay is a strange place...

Great snag, and a very cool looking helmet.

OEF COLLECTOR
Doesn't the contract number indicate 2001?

Sabrejet :think:

No, I don't think so. I've seen a TON of NSN numbers with 01. At first I thought it was a date, but it's not, as I've seen these on all sorts of items, helmets, gear, etc. The date on the ACH helmets is always stamped in the helmet under the crown pad.

Ian, that is the National Stock Number, not contract number.

Hi All,

out of interest, I looked up the patent number (I do this stuff for a living) :thumbsup: ).

the patent was originally issued to Gallet in France Nov 24th 1999, and the US patent issued May 5th 2000. Further details in the link.

Gallet Helmet Patent

Hi Ian, below is a link to the NSN country decoder:

NSN Country decoder

00 and 01 are USA, 99 the UK, and someone with a sense of humour made 66 Australia (because it's the UK, upside down) :blink::lol:

Best Regards,

Prof

No, I don't think so. I've seen a TON of NSN numbers with 01. At first I thought it was a date, but it's not, as I've seen these on all sorts of items, helmets, gear, etc. The date on the ACH helmets is always stamped in the helmet under the crown pad.

Not all ACH helmets have the date stamped on a tag under the crown pad. This is typically an MSA practice, tough I've seen CQF helmets with this tag as well. Gentex helmets tend to have the date of manufacture on the spec. tag inside the earcup portion of the helmet.

Not all ACH helmets have the date stamped on a tag under the crown pad. This is typically an MSA practice, tough I've seen CQF helmets with this tag as well. Gentex helmets tend to have the date of manufacture on the spec. tag inside the earcup portion of the helmet.

Like this?

post-8022-1311836676.jpg