Jack Benny USO Troupe "Short Snorter"

siege1863

Another instance of the seller not knowing what he had. Simply described as an Australian bank note with some signatures. True, but look at who signed! Here is the entire Jack Benny USO troupe that travelled throughout New Guinea in July and August 1944.

post-211-1311720988.jpg

There is a sixth signature, that of crooner Lanny Ross. Ross was a Special Services Army officer in the PTO and accompanied the troupe throughout their tour of New Guinea.

post-211-1311721861.jpg

That's really a neat piece, good eyes Did you get that on Ebay? They say if you pay attention you'll look smarter. Good for you for paying attention.

Dennis

Wow, what a piece!

Carole Landis nearly died from amoebic dysentery and malaria she contracted on that trip, according to Wikipedia. She killed herself in 1948 and her autograph is more valuable than Jack Benny's. I looked at one of the big auction houses for autographs/signatures and based on what I see there and on the fact this snorter is from the trip that nearly killed her, I imagine they would list it for over $2,500.... so take care of it!

WOW!!!! Great find!! I love " E-Cheap ". For those of you who call it " E-Pay " take note :lol:

Kurt

"Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every once in a while". I've been on eBay since 1998 and have found the occasional gem like this. Kastauffer is 100% right.

Tom