USMC HBT Camouflage Paratrooper Jump Jacket

gibcity

Caught this auction earlier today and knew I could count on a discussion here on the forums. :thumbsup:

Glad to see everyone's thoughts on this particular auction, but unless I've missed it in previous discussions, is there is real back-story to this uniform? (Besides the fact that these possibly didn't get past the field-testing stage and the rather scary-as-hell pic of the Marine posted above with the flamethrower strapped on his back posted above?) Were they some sort of fanciful "fan-made" creation that stemmed from US Cavalry years ago or did they truly originate in some form or fashion between 1941-1945?

CB ,

you are kidding me with your post ..........really .....are you serious ?

owen

Not at all.

Yes, I figure these are a complete, modern fabrication made to look like an M-42 paratrooper jacket, but with all the variety of uniforms that were created and/or never made it out of the R&D phase during WWII, far be it for me to assume anything, especially when it's related to Marine or Army camo.

Most of the comments in this thread are tongue-in-cheek I realize, but there have also been a few other threads on the subject here that didn't appear conclusive.

As a diverse collector of US militaria but a master of none, I'm here to learn. :)

Real ones exist.

The one on the auction is a real fake.

I spoke to a guy several years ago.He states Wood Haven Surplus had a few original sets of the jackets and trousers

• 4 weeks later...
This jacket's on eBay again.

Cool looking jacket, only too bad it's no good.

Time to start saving for an original then :D

I just saw it. Looks like their using the same pictures as before.