"May the force (aka US Army) be with you!"

Sabrejet

The 19 year old kid needs to learn some weapon handling skills , pretty lax considering even a airsoft weapon should always be considered a live fire example.

flyer333555

So the point of this thread is that the US Army soldier does not really wear all that stuff when he goes out?

:rolleyes:

That he actually dresses up for the mission, instead of carrying all gear ever issued, plus a few hand-held nuclears for good measure?

:think:

Sacre Bleu the earth is shaking!

:w00t:

Sorry guys for the sarcasm, but the picture of the 19-year-old is funny as hell! Thanks for posting...

Luis Ramos...

Two of these tw*ts were walking around English Heritage's Festival of History at Kelmarsh Hall two weekends ago (for context, WWII is the most-up-to-date time period allowed in the proper re-enactment there). One older-than-19 idiot in too much Army kit again and a woman dressed as USAF aircrew in a combat zone, with E&E kit etc. Both were handing pistols to kids so they could have a feel and a play, and they were also pointing weapons (fingers on triggers) directly at people for photographs.

You could hear the airsoft BB's rattling in the magazine on his M4 Carbine....

And WWII re-enactors get asked the question "why aren't you in the Army?"

Cheers,

Glen.

Way too much gear :crying: He want's to try wearing that lot for a long patrol in Helmand. Funny enough I don't consider the US Soldier to be the best equipped in the World anymore (at least not clothing wise). The latest British gear is fantastic and much envied by US units attached to UK Forces. The British Army finally has it's act together and some of the gear is world class.

Rich

Is is just me, or is reenacting an ongoing war sort of weird?

Not just you! I find it disturbing really.