M o H anyone?

Sabrejet

Sorry, but it sounds like he's offering it for sale

Looks like you are a newbie. At least I do not remember seeing other posts from you. I have seen Sabre, and he is DEFINITELY anti this type of thing. You have to look at the ENTIRE message one posts.

By putting this icon at the end, :thumbdown: Sabre was stating "this stinks!"

Luis Ramos

If you are talking about the "U" being in the word "honor", that is the British way of spelling the word. This picture was taken at a British show.

....Kat

That doesn't change the word though, this is an American medal regardless of who's selling it. It shows just as much ignorance as it would if a US dealer didn't use the correct spelling for something that was British. Maybe it's just me it bothers or I'm too critical. :think:

That doesn't change the word though, this is an American medal regardless of who's selling it. It shows just as much ignorance as it would if a US dealer didn't use the correct spelling for something that was British. Maybe it's just me it bothers or I'm too critical. :think:

The language originated here. Dr Webster altered it.

Now we're all being too critical. ;)

No, I see your point. If an American dealer was selling a British 'Vicky Kreuz' he would probably be corrected by a Brit. Bloody Yanks and their butchery of the Queen's English! :rolleyes:

The ebay vendor over priced it. I have seen "original" unnamed, cased ones for about $1500 Aud here localy.

From memory I was told also that there are 2 original Vietnam named MoH's in Australia, one in the War Memorial and another in private hands.

I know the owner of at least 1 of them. I believe it was 101st Airborne, IIRC...

Dave

Being totally neutral here (Oz), I guess English does originate from England... :think:

But what do origins matter? Go back as far as you want and the Medal of Honor will never be British.

But what do origins matter? Go back as far as you want and the Medal of Honor will never be British.

I don't follow your logic here. Who suggested it would be?! A totally ludicrous premise! :w00t:

I don't follow your logic here. Who suggested it would be?! A totally ludicrous premise! :w00t:

That's my entire point, calling it a Medal of Honour IS ludicrous. It's an American award so spelling it with a U will never be correct, regardless of where the language originated.

That's my entire point, calling it a Medal of Honour IS ludicrous. It's an American award so spelling it with a U will never be correct, regardless of where the language originated.

I think we can all agree to disagree. This was a vendor at a show who wrote a British version of the word rather than the American version.

I see so many misspelled words all of the time that drive me crazy. I hate misspelled words much worse than someone writing different versions of a word.

I also think it is funny that my lotus notes flags the word "honor" but not "honour". I guess lotus notes was created by the British. :lol:

...Kat

In France it would be described as a "Medaille d' Honneur"...doesn't imply that the French are somehow laying claim to it though! As the famous American political sage, Will Rogers, once famously said: "If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging." Sound advice I'd say.

:whistling:

I guess Medal of Honor threads are just destined to fall into bickering, no matter what it's over.

Truer words have never been said..... :thumbsup: :lol:

Is it Porto Rico or Puerto Rico? Is it centimeter or centimetre? Is it Germany or Deutschland? The answer is whatever is proper where you are.

If the English want to add a U to honor then they are entitled to.

Is it Porto Rico or Puerto Rico? Is it centimeter or centimetre? Is it Germany or Deutschland? The answer is whatever is proper where you are.

If the English want to add a U to honor then they are entitled to.

We don't "add it on"....you remove it. It's a subtle distinction and a matter of semantics. Case closed! ;)

We don't "add it on"....you remove it. It's a subtle distinction and a matter of semantics. Case closed! ;)

"The English and the Americans are two peoples divided by a common language." George Bernard Shaw

Back to the Tiffany Cross, it seems that would fall under the "any colorable imitation thereof," would it not? At least with respect to the ribbon if not the medal itself.

"The English and the Americans are two peoples divided by a common language." George Bernard Shaw

Back to the Tiffany Cross, it seems that would fall under the "any colorable imitation thereof," would it not? At least with respect to the ribbon if not the medal itself.

With apologies to George and Ira......

You say eether and I say eyether,

You say neether and I say nyther;

Eether, eyether, neether, nyther,

Let's call the whole thing off!

You like potato and I like potahto,

You like tomato and I like tomahto;

Potato, potahto, tomato, tomahto!

But oh! If we call the whole thing off,

Then we must part.

And oh! If we ever part,

Then that might break my heart!

So, if you like pajamas and I like pajahmas,

I'll wear pajamas and give up pajahmas.

For we know we need each other,

So we better call the calling off off.

;):lol:

canadian bacon

that was my thought but to add a little to that the tiffany cross is a type of MOH therefore it would be the same as selling a navy MOH wouldn't it?

I would say the United States Government and the Congressional Medal of Honor Society would disagree with that statement.

Justin

I'm afraid I would have to as well. The Medal of Honor represents valor in the extreme on the part of a member of the United States military.

I feel about it rather as I do about the flag of the United States. Taken in a "vacuum, it's just a coiuple pieces of red, white, and blue cloth sewn together in various geometric shapes. However, it's the symbol of the United States of America, what we stand for, what we believe, and of all those who fhave fought to defend it and its goals over the past 230+ years and it is to be refvered as we rever our country.

And that's my 2-cents worth on this issue.