D-Day US Navy M1 Helmet

warpath

Stunning helmet Ed!....love that yellow arc.....what was his job during the invasion on board the LCI?...is an LCI the bigger landing ship with ramps on both sides of the front of the ship?....mike

Ed, You have been posting up some beautiful helmets.

Thanks, I can take no credit for what they look like-the veterans are the original owners and the ones responsible for all we collect today (and I didn't "make" them like Easy Green or the random fakers so often seen now)...I'm just showing them for the first time since I added them to my collection... I'll have a few more posted when I can get to them...Have to get some Airborne helmets out as well. Ed

Ed....surely you must be running out of space to store these old clunkers! For a small monthly storage fee, I will be happy to appropriate, and store this surplus for you!

Thanks, I can take no credit for what they look like-the veterans are the original owners and the ones responsible for all we collect today (and I didn't "make" them like Easy Green or the random fakers so often seen now)...I'm just showing them for the first time since I added them to my collection... I'll have a few more posted when I can get to them...Have to get some Airborne helmets out as well. Ed

Stunning helmet Ed!....love that yellow arc.....what was his job during the invasion on board the LCI?...is an LCI the bigger landing ship with ramps on both sides of the front of the ship?....mike

Mike, he is deceased unfortunately , but he mentioned landing infantry on the beaches and I assumed it was smaller landing craft. Ed

Thats another Fantastic D-DAY Helmet you have added to your Collection there

Well Done once again on another Fantastic looking Lid :thumbsup:

• 6 years later...
  • 10 months later...